Newest Member
    12bet1 net
February 16th-17th Snow Observations

joey2002

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ran all over town at 5:00 am and it had no trouble sticking anywhere

You were asleep, but when it started snowing at 1:30 or so, it had some trouble sticking in a few random driveways and pavement areas.  Kind of odd because it was random... some spots on the road had 1/2" and others spots had nothing.  Once the snow started getting heavier then it started sticking everywhere. 

Interesting... the last 2 events I have sent in totals to NWS, they have not taken/posted them. The Feb 9 big storm (21.5") and today's 3.5" are not on their PNS...

I'm on the "bad" list I guess

Their web reports have been down.

You have to Tweet them the totals and they get on.

I seriously hope you're on Twitter. EVERYONE is

Interesting... the last 2 events I have sent in totals to NWS, they have not taken/posted them. The Feb 9 big storm (21.5") and today's 3.5" are not on their PNS...

I'm on the "bad" list I guess

Join the club. My totals never get in because they have an official spotter in Shrewsbury that always measures 25% over everyone else and his totals are always taken. For example...the 30" total in the Blizz. That actually wasn't as bad as usual as we did get like 27-28".

Their web reports have been down.

You have to Tweet them the totals and they get on.

I seriously hope you're on Twitter. EVERYONE is

:weenie:

Intensity definitely picked up in the last 20 minutes or so. Maybe 2m? Roads still wet though.

Also, downstream reader looks really good. Filling into the SW of this band.

Yup.  Looks good.  I have low expectations but will welcome more.  4" is my bm for us.

METAR KTAN 162052Z AUTO 33004KT 1 1/4SM -SN BR SCT005 SCT012 OVC020 01/M01 A2982 RMK AO2 SLP099 P0002 60003 T00111011 56014

Wow, that's awesome, looked like the snow band just sat over much of NW CT for a long time.  . 

How much do you still have?  We got about 2" here, but it had trouble sticking, and now some has melted on parts of the driveway/pavement. 

Almost everything that fell today has been obliterated from paved surfaces and like 2" probably lsurvived elsewhere.  We torched today with sun.

Pretty good for fluff... 20:1 ratios probably.

At least.  Maybe even 25 or 30:1.  It was kind of obnoxious.

Bakersville is kinda close to me, and I think at about 500' or so while I'm at 1,000.  This ob. backs up my 5 inch report because the ob is from 730 I think and it snowed all over again from 7 to 830 or so.  I had 4" at 6 am and when it started snowing again from 7-830 I picked up a little over an inch because of the fluff factor.

CONNECTICUT...LITCHFIELD COUNTY...   BAKERSVILLE            3.9   730 AM  2/16  CO-OP OBSERVER

Archived