Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb 8-9th Blizzard Thread

dryslot

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Usually by now it decreases totals. Today it actually continues to ramp them up...I mean you have to scratch your head

I have seen previous cases in which the model has occasionally verified close to the event...so I am guessing that, though it will likely be a tad short of the true totals, it will verify very close to reality.

When it gets to that you almost just wish the power will go out and avoid the risk of blowing any of your electronics.

What this has done is made me realize I need a battery back up on the main tv.  Each frog fart that knocks out the power for 2 seconds resets the DVR, and by the time it reboots it's blowing out again.

We're lucky, the snow rate has been so terrible the past xx minutes no problems.  Just very light snow here now. 

mcd0126.gif

also that SPC special disco chart which i love , i think the axis of hvy snows are drawn a bit to far east on it , i mean i'd love it to be true but the axix of heavy snow seems already well west of the 6z spot, unless of course as this system itself is tracking NE, the banding stops moving back to the w very soon

mcd0126.gif

also that SPC special disco chart which i love , i think the axis of hvy snows are drawn a bit to far east on it , i mean i'd love it to be true but the axix of heavy snow seems already well west of the 6z spot, unless of course as this system itself is tracking NE, the banding stops moving back to the w very soon

Looks pretty clear from the radar it's that epic band right on the NW edge of where some of the models had painted the max precip.   A little surprised by how far the "broken" nature of the precip is extending into Bristol and PYM counties.  I thought that'd wash out.

you are in a perfect position. that band will pivot as the low drifts ever so slowly east and remain right over you and essentially everyone in the merrimack valley into tomorrow. now you can see how these obscene qpf numbers can verify. 40 is not out of the question for somebody.

If this band wanted to stop its march north I wouldn't be mad.

you are in a perfect position. that band will pivot as the low drifts ever so slowly east and remain right over you and essentially everyone in the merrimack valley into tomorrow. now you can see how these obscene qpf numbers can verify. 40 is not out of the question for somebody.

I have the same feeling. Just don't want to say it aloud.

Not much happening in Newport except some melting and some flakes/drops.  I hope that activity in CT moves east but I'm certainly missing out on a lot of the fun!!

The nature of the returns in SE MA/RI is pretty brutal but if you look at the NAM...there's maybe some hope in the next few hours as the flow turns a bit more NE.

I don't know if you and I are going to get into the fun like the others, I kind of doubt it, but we should do okay.

another point on this epic storm is the intense cold for some. in andover i am now at 14.8 and have been dropping for the past 4 hours.

The nature of the returns in SE MA/RI is pretty brutal but if you look at the NAM...there's maybe some hope in the next few hours as the flow turns a bit more NE.

I don't know if you and I are going to get into the fun like the others, I kind of doubt it, but we should do okay.

Only 6" inches here. So much for 18-24.

Archived