Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb 8-9th Blizzard Thread

dryslot

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You do realize its not even 8pm...and this is going until tomorrow afternoon?

No offense to anyone but I will bet anyone right now it's not snowing out my way (in an accumulating fashion) past 10 am tomorrow. Maybe we get to 14 inches here but this is going to be a disappointment. Call me a weenie........whatever you want but this storm is for 128 east and south for Mass.

Now with the banding beginning to take shape and locate now we watch to see when H5 closes off and the system starts to stall...once that happens and the band is dumping it's massive load over people that band will sit there for hours and hours and hours.  

Where do you think it will dump its biggest load?

The voice of reason.....

I'm speaking strictly MBY.   I think areas to my NW 5-10 miles will do very well.  I just think the banding is going to be to my NW.  Not speaking of NW of boston or anything like that, I agree with Will too early to make that call.

I do think LI and SE CT (RI) are probably the jackpot this storm.  At least the first half.

I think the Cape may be in trouble for those larger totals.  We'll see.

Some dry air evident on the WV and on the radar.  RAP has hinted at it as well for several runs, maybe getting up into PYM county and southern Bristol.  Bob etc should get reamed most of the night.  I'm speaking of down here. 

radar becoming epic for most of you.

Finally got OKX radar to work, should be fun times ahead!

FYI: Metro North just announced it's suspending service as of 10 PM, was running limited schedule with trains running super local hourly, now last train from GCT 10 PM. Suprised, they usually hold pretty well during storms, guess the folks at Upton let them know about the banding coming up :)

-skisheep

Archived