joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 8th-9th Potential Bomb Part III

earthlight

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once you get over 24" you start getting into territory where plows and the average snow blower can't handle it. The snow is going to start out on the wet side as well.

Someone just told me CBS 880 is still going 4-6" for the city :axe:

This will probably be the case of them gradually upping totals even as the storm begins. Either that or by tonight they will probably up any of those lower totals. I still think it's best to stay conservative at this point, I could see them showing 10-15 for the city tonight with more over parts of LI. 

Very encouraged indeed by its continued insistence on an early phasing bomb, and a cold overall storm for our area. This could truly be a top storm for this area. Have to feel bad for the Philly and Mid Atlantic crew...

The the free euro maps on Wunderground are pure beauty with the phase and CCB monster stall and dump.

Gona have to bring that 18- 24 line down to just south of the NYC , I know its a big leap and it isn`t common for Upton to go from 6 - 10 to 18- 24

but i thnk theres a lot of evidence to go there ...

AND MT HOLLY stilll goin with 4- 6 on Monmouth County . That`s gotta be adjusted as well prob 8- 12 and thats on the cheap end .

Very encouraged indeed by its continued insistence on an early phasing bomb, and a cold overall storm for our area. This could truly be a top storm for this area. Have to feel bad for the Philly and Mid Atlantic crew...

im not so sure philly isnt going to do ok (im in queens now,but used to live there.   euro gives them warning criteria snow.

Coup for RPM from  yesterday?  Who said Channel 4 was wrong? lol

Calling for 35-40" two days in advance is just plain stupid. I don't care if every single model was showing it. You can only get burned that way because the odds of that happening are slim to none. Even if you get 24" there is a major difference between 24" which is still somewhat manageable and 35-40" which will shut down everything for days.

For all the people that have been complaining about the past two winters and how crappy things have been looking, let this event be a lesson to all of you that the next big KU could only be one model run away.

Archived