• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fab Feb. SNE Banter/Disco Leggins

HoarfrostHubb

Yikes on the cold coming down from the north for the whole northenr tier of the CONUS....anyone who canceled winter for mid/late Feb doesn't like that look. Should be quite interesting.

Yes, but then goofus decides to bring a lakes low way out in la-la land which brings in the warmth for the east coast again

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, but then goofus decides to bring a lakes low way out in la-la land which brings in the warmth for the east coast again

Yeah details details....the longwave pattern though is frigid for the CONUS....we happen to get screwed by a cutter late in the run, but overall the signs have been trending toward a cold CONUS...at leats northern tier for the middle and late month. Could easily be a frigid overrunning storm too...Euro ensembles should be interesting to see if they keep trending toward that colder look.

BOS officially passed last year's pathetic 9.3" total...0.6" today to stand at 9.4". Not that last year's total was hard to beat, lol.

BOS also had 30F and 27F highs back to back this weekend...well short of the mid to upper 30s that MOS was putting out at the end last week. The last 2 weeks has definitely been poor for MOS...almost always verifying too warm except when that cutter went through and then it was way too cold. Very rough 2 weeks for MOS huggers. It was also the 6th day with measurable snowfall at BOS in the past 14 days...unfortunately, most have been light. But its been a snowy time in the sense that snow has been in the air often and accumulating even if small amounts.

What were the month end departures everywhere?

Nevermind just looked it up, +2.1 to +2.7 for the 4 stations.  Amazing.

This month definitely has a much better chance to finish below normal. The first week should average -5 to -6 departure, and then we look towards a significant reload as ridging builds into the Gulf of Alaska and Western Canada. The GFS/GEFS have been leading the way with arctic air returning to the region in the Feb 15-20 time frame.

If that does happen, this might be a bit like 2006-07 where the first half of winter was relatively mild with little snow, only to strike back with colder/snowier weather in February and March. The only difference I see was that November was quite cold this year (around -4F departure where I live in NYC metro) whereas Fall 2006 was milder. The evolution of January was very similar with a warm start and then an arctic outbreak around the 19th, which is also when the cold finally arrived in January 2007. February 2007 averaged -7F at NYC though with the major Valentine's Day system, and I don't know if we'll be dealing with such a hefty event and such cold temperatures. The similarities are definitely there though as the models move towards a colder late February period. 

you make the staff lol.

You deleted my post in a banter thread that I didn't even realize was bad...but there's a post in another thread right now where someone is calling someone else a douche bag with no friends and it's still there.

Do you REALLY think I care what the "staff" thinks of me?  Oh no, the staff laughs at me!!

Again, lol.  Get a grip dude.

You deleted my post in a banter thread that I didn't even realize was bad...but there's a post in another thread right now where someone is calling someone else a douche bag with no friends and it's still there.

Do you REALLY think I care what the "staff" thinks of me?  Oh no, the staff laughs at me!!

Again, lol.  Get a grip dude.

Why are you getting so mad for a staff member doing his job?

Why are you getting so mad for a staff member doing his job?

Read what I wrote.  My posts get singled out.  There is an absolutely caustic post in a thread right now that is still there, but I put a banter comment in a banter thread (that I didn't know was specifically about weather) and it gets blown away.

Also, I'm sorry I make you lol.  I sincerely thank you for all of the met. knowledge you've imparted into me over the years and apologize for making you laugh. 

Read what I wrote. My posts get singled out. There is an absolutely caustic post in a thread right now that is still there, but I put a banter comment in a banter thread (that I didn't know was specifically about weather) and it gets blown away.

Also, I'm sorry I make you lol. I sincerely thank you for all of the met. knowledge you've imparted into me over the years and apologize for making you laugh.

:weenie:

Read what I wrote.  My posts get singled out.  There is an absolutely caustic post in a thread right now that is still there, but I put a banter comment in a banter thread (that I didn't know was specifically about weather) and it gets blown away.

Also, I'm sorry I make you lol.  I sincerely thank you for all of the met. knowledge you've imparted into me over the years and apologize for making you laugh. 

Your posts don't get singled out. You have no idea how many others get deleted.

looking at the radar and sky to the west it looks like we are going to get more mood snow soon

there are just so many SW moving around this east trough that it seems snows will happen every 36 hours...somewhere over upper m.a /north east. could be worse

yesterdays low is now a 958mb bomb at 48/60 west .

Archived