Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Snow threats for the mountains.

Met1985

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here in the tricities of TN it's really ripping right now. Definitely solidly moderate snow.  Collecting on the streets in north Johnson City as well.  There will be plenty of accidents as there are a LOT of people out.  All it took was one nice band after the sun set to mess the roads up.  Congrats to everyone getting the white stuff tonight.  I am rooting for you guys on the other side of the hill.  I hope you can score too.

Just made it back to Kingsport.  Was over at Mahoney's in your neck of the woods, ran an errand in Piney Flats, and came back Stone Dr via Blountville.  It is a mess!  2-4" near the racetrack.  2" here in W. Kingsport w/ 2-3" in E. Kingsport.  The roads are snow covered.  Very nice bonus snow.  Maybe one more round later tonight approaching from the plains?

Starting to think we might pull out a surprise event for us here in the east, the local NWS has bumped us to 40%  chance of rain and now include less than a .10" in the amount, earlier it was a slight chance sprinkles lol....temp is 37 with a 21 DP and the sun is down so maybe the models that had a dusting to a inch for us early today and yesterday where right after all. 

Just made it back to Kingsport.  Was over at Mahoney's in your neck of the woods, ran an errand in Piney Flats, and came back Stone Dr via Blountville.  It is a mess!  2-4" near the racetrack.  2" here in W. Kingsport w/ 2-3" in E. Kingsport.  The roads are snow covered.  Very nice bonus snow.  Maybe one more round later tonight approaching from the plains?

I have been following that too, it looks pretty potent.  Hope it slides into the "slot" around daybreak.........  I live less than 2 miles from Mahoney's (love that place).  I think we have a solid 2 inches here and this last band for the night is maxing over me as we speak

Jason, I just can't really see how GSP hasn't put us under a WWA. Seems like with the added flow snow from tonight we would meet the criteria, at least in the N half of the county.

That's what you would think Don. Of course, if you are at an inch, I don't think I'm there yet. Still nice to see.

It looks like some good returns over the triad. I wonder if any of it is reaching the ground? I'm visiting family in the snow shadow of beautiful Bostic, NC. I'm keeping an eye out for Strongwxnc to come running by the window at any moment since it doesn't look like I'll see any snow.

I've got nothing here, at least at the moment.

Archived