joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snow threats for the mountains.

Met1985

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like more snow developing in KY and TN dropping down into NC. Also ya From Northern Jackson all the way up the the NC/VA boarder have a Winter Storm Warning our for the TN/NC boarder counties now! Going to see some good snow rates starting later this morning.

NORTHERN JACKSON AND HAYWOOD COUNTIES IN

THE MOUNTAINS OF NORTH CAROLINA.

AVERY-MADISON-YANCEY-MITCHELL-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...NEWLAND...SPRUCE PINE

ASHE-WATAUGA-TAZEWELL-SMYTH-BLAND-WYTHE-GRAYSON-MERCER-SUMMERS-

GREENBRIER-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...WEST JEFFERSON...BOONE...TAZEWELL...

MARION...BLAND...WYTHEVILLE...INDEPENDENCE...WHITETOP...

TROUTDALE...VOLNEY...BLUEFIELD...HINTON...HIX...LEWISBURG...

QUINWOOD...DUO...RAINELLE

Clipper dropping towards Nashville,should give us a .5" here in a couple hrs.Can't remember the last few years when we got three straight days of snow,only if it was colder to stay.Good luck to you guys

I only have about a 1/2 inch, but I go a 1/4 mile from house and there is nothing. When I get toward Asheville, the ground doesn't even look wet. So, I will not complain. That looks pretty stout coming from Tn. Maybe I will get a little more.We need a Gulf snowstorm here in the worst way.

Ya it has been snowing here off and on all night in town. From what I am hearing closer to the boarder has gotten a good amount tonight already. Ya that blob in TN looks very good. The boarder counties are going to get rocked and I would say northern Buncombe will to.

Ya it has been snowing here off and on all night in town. From what I am hearing closer to the boarder has gotten a good amount tonight already. Ya that blob in TN looks very good. The boarder counties are going to get rocked and I would say northern Buncombe will to.

Has your warning verified at your house? 

I only have about a 1/2 inch, but I go a 1/4 mile from house and there is nothing. When I get toward Asheville, the ground doesn't even look wet. So, I will not complain. That looks pretty stout coming from Tn. Maybe I will get a little more.We need a Gulf snowstorm here in the worst way.

We have a solid inch here in Weaverville. I guess I will count myself lucky. Still can't understand why Buncombe isn't under a WWA. GSP really needs to split the county like they do Jackson.

congrats to all.  we've seen nothing until just now and its very light and now has stopped.  we are the candler area just west of asheville.  there must be a dry slot over asheville all the time.  unreal how you can drive in any direction from here and see 2 or 3 inches.  the last 2 or 3 storms have been this way.

Archived