Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Snow threats for the mountains.

Met1985

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After my first 3/4" of snow it stopped for several hours and my temp went to 34 and melted some of it.  Since the snow picked back up I've receive about another 3/4 - 1" of new snow.  So my total sits at about 1.5 - 1.75".  I'm at 1700 ft about 5 miles NE of Dahlonega square.  I am literally getting golf ball size flake that look like parachutes at times.  LOL

Still snowing very moderate.  These pics were taken at about 545p

post-347-0-43208700-1359845566_thumb.jpg

post-347-0-51181400-1359845571_thumb.jpg

After my first 3/4" of snow it stopped for several hours and my temp went to 34 and melted some of it.  Since the snow picked back up I've receive about another 3/4 - 1" of new snow.  So my total sits at about 1.5 - 1.75".  I'm at 1700 ft about 5 miles NE of Dahlonega square.  I am literally getting golf ball size flake that look like parachutes at times.  LOL

Nice!

Nice to see everyone getting some snow. It is snowing here but the way the band are moving through we are not the most favorable spot to see high totals. Maybe tonight we will see more but congrats on the snow everyone!

here in asheville and weaverville we've seen nothing

Here in the tricities of TN it's really ripping right now. Definitely solidly moderate snow.  Collecting on the streets in north Johnson City as well.  There will be plenty of accidents as there are a LOT of people out.  All it took was one nice band after the sun set to mess the roads up.  Congrats to everyone getting the white stuff tonight.  I am rooting for you guys on the other side of the hill.  I hope you can score too.

sweet! congrats - and keep it coming lol.  the longer you report snow the happier i will most likely be haha.  dripping has stopped and its 32.  a good 1/2 inch and still huge flakes.

congrats to you too rosie :) its about time we get some snow around here haha

Wow Winter Storm Warning just issued!

SWAIN-HAYWOOD-NORTHERN JACKSON-INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...BRYSON CITY...WAYNESVILLE...SYLVA
WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON EST SUNDAY...THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN GREENVILLE-SPARTANBURG HAS ISSUEDA WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW...WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTILNOON EST SUNDAY. THE WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS NO LONGER INEFFECT.* LOCATIONS...SWAIN...NORTHERN JACKSON AND HAYWOOD COUNTIES IN THE  MOUNTAINS OF NORTH CAROLINA.* HAZARDS...HEAVY...WET SNOW.* TIMING...SNOW WILL CONTINUE THROUGH MIDNIGHT OVER THE SOUTHWEST  MOUNTAINS. SNOW WILL THEN TAPER OFF IN THE LOWER VALLEY  LOCATIONS...SUCH AS BRYSON CITY. HOWEVER...ACCUMULATING SNOW  SHOWERS WILL LAST INTO SUNDAY AFTERNOON ALONG THE TENNESSEE  LINE.* ACCUMULATIONS...SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 3 TO 5 INCHES...WITH UP TO  8 INCHES IN THE HIGHEST ELEVATIONS.* IMPACTS...HAZARDOUS DRIVING CONDITIONS WILL CONTINUE OVER THE  ENTIRE AREA THROUGH SUNDAY. HEAVY...WET SNOW MAY BRING DOWN TREE  LIMBS AND CAUSE SCATTERED POWER OUTAGES.* TEMPERATURES...IN THE 20S UP TO AROUND 30.PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

SWAIN-HAYWOOD-NORTHERN JACKSON-INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...BRYSON CITY...WAYNESVILLE...SYLVA
WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON EST SUNDAY...THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN GREENVILLE-SPARTANBURG HAS ISSUEDA WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW...WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTILNOON EST SUNDAY. THE WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS NO LONGER INEFFECT.* LOCATIONS...SWAIN...NORTHERN JACKSON AND HAYWOOD COUNTIES IN THE  MOUNTAINS OF NORTH CAROLINA.* HAZARDS...HEAVY...WET SNOW.* TIMING...SNOW WILL CONTINUE THROUGH MIDNIGHT OVER THE SOUTHWEST  MOUNTAINS. SNOW WILL THEN TAPER OFF IN THE LOWER VALLEY  LOCATIONS...SUCH AS BRYSON CITY. HOWEVER...ACCUMULATING SNOW  SHOWERS WILL LAST INTO SUNDAY AFTERNOON ALONG THE TENNESSEE  LINE.* ACCUMULATIONS...SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 3 TO 5 INCHES...WITH UP TO  8 INCHES IN THE HIGHEST ELEVATIONS.* IMPACTS...HAZARDOUS DRIVING CONDITIONS WILL CONTINUE OVER THE  ENTIRE AREA THROUGH SUNDAY. HEAVY...WET SNOW MAY BRING DOWN TREE  LIMBS AND CAUSE SCATTERED POWER OUTAGES.* TEMPERATURES...IN THE 20S UP TO AROUND 30.PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Awesome!!  My ground, cars, sidewalk all getting white here. Already more than I would have thought. Not your 3-5, but better than nothing.

congrats! we are bumping 3 inches and can't even get a winter weather advisory!

Awesome!!  My ground, cars, sidewalk all getting white here. Already more than I would have thought. Not your 3-5, but better than nothing.

Surfaces are just getting good and wet here.  Small accumulations on the mulch but hey I am just happy to see it!

Nice! Hey this is just the begining. That energy diving down tonight will really enhance the snow across the mountains.

Archived