joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snow threats for the mountains.

Met1985

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to the small town of Bostic :) no snow here. But the flood light is on just in case !

It looks like some good returns over the triad. I wonder if any of it is reaching the ground? I'm visiting family in the snow shadow of beautiful Bostic, NC. I'm keeping an eye out for Strongwxnc to come running by the window at any moment since it doesn't look like I'll see any snow.

What the hell it's just light rain at my house and I'm well north of the city.  I was fine getting nothing from this event but now I demand flurries!

I think I was seeing things earlier.  What I thought was flurries was actually drizzle.  Once I stepped outside, I realized it was all liquid.  Weenie mistake. :lol:

Anyways, we have a steady light rain here now.  This sucks.  I hope it changes over soon because we're wasting the previous little QPF we have.

By the way, for reference, I'm at the extreme northeast end of High Point.  Basically, the Jamestown area, right where Wendover and Piedmont Parkway meet near the I-73 exit.

Very happy that so many of you guys are getting some snow. You deserve it!

Hoping the next batch diving down produces a few flakes here in the morning. It's a rush to see it falling. :)

Hope the next impulse produces for you. Are your temps still above freezing? Still 28 here in Johnson City with 3-4 inches pretty common around the area.....

just got back from chasing in Northern Lumpkin Co GA above Dahlonega with my brother.  there was a good 5 maybe 6 inches at hightower gap and woody gap, 30 minutes from my house and about 1500 more feet of elevation.  The road was a mess just above the ranger camp, so we went out the back way from cooper gap over to Suches.   There must have been 7 trucks up at the top of Cooper gap.  They were having quite a party.   I would not want to be on those ridges later on tonight.    where trucks had been by on the snow it looked like a hockey rink and was almost impossible to even walk on.    If I don't get anything else this year I'm happy.   Big flakes, heavy snow, little wind, Saturday, unexpected, the bar was low.  It doesn't get any better.   Prior to chasing, was at daddy/daughter date night at chickfila around 5pm and it was pouring snow the whole time.  I am guessing around an inch give or take imby just south of the City.  Motowxman sounds like you got at least an inch or two more than I did just on the other side of town.  

Looks like more snow developing in KY and TN dropping down into NC. Also ya From Northern Jackson all the way up the the NC/VA boarder have a Winter Storm Warning our for the TN/NC boarder counties now! Going to see some good snow rates starting later this morning.

NORTHERN JACKSON AND HAYWOOD COUNTIES IN
  THE MOUNTAINS OF NORTH CAROLINA.

AVERY-MADISON-YANCEY-MITCHELL-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...NEWLAND...SPRUCE PINE

ASHE-WATAUGA-TAZEWELL-SMYTH-BLAND-WYTHE-GRAYSON-MERCER-SUMMERS-
GREENBRIER-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...WEST JEFFERSON...BOONE...TAZEWELL...
MARION...BLAND...WYTHEVILLE...INDEPENDENCE...WHITETOP...
TROUTDALE...VOLNEY...BLUEFIELD...HINTON...HIX...LEWISBURG...
QUINWOOD...DUO...RAINELLE

Archived