• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter is Over

Ji

there is virtually little chance of seeing a snowstorm this winter. The pattern says supressed...or too far north...or cold and dry followed by warm and wet. I dont see anything changing. We are in a deep slump and its hard to get out of slumps.

I doubt DCA sees an inch of snow this winter.

HM storm my ass

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there is virtually little chance of seeing a snowstorm this winter. The pattern says supressed...or too far north...or cold and dry followed by warm and wet. I dont see anything changing. We are in a deep slump and its hard to get out of slumps.

HM storm my ass

Time of death...frankly, the time of death was 12/1/2012. Glad that we can finally stop using the paddles on this corpse.

HM storm my ass

What are you babbling about this time? :hug:

I'm not so sure that he cancelled in 2009/10.

yes he did, and was complaining quite a bit around 1/15-1/20 that winter

JI is one of those demanding professionals and I am certain that he is just as demanding in his career...I'm sure he thanks the good Lord every day, however, that his boss is not! :hurrbear:

http://www.easternuswx.com/bb/index.php?/topic/227705-after-further-review/

If someone told me back after the Dec 19 HECS, that I would see 50-60 more inches of snow, I would probably have taken that and been really happy.

Only issue with this winter were the lulls between the storms...Dec 20 till end of January were horrible and after the blizzard in DC..its been dreadful. Besides that...great winter

The one and only Ji.

We may have reached, and consequently gone over, the tipping point. DCA is the new central NC in regard to snow. Only difference is we aren't warm enough yet to truly say our winter climate is that of central NC. 

Give it another 10 years though. Who knows what a normal winter temperature in DC will be? Heck, I feel like 50 in January is becoming commonplace and 40 is considered by the media as "cold". 100 is the new 95, and 50 is the new 45. 

That skins playoff game that was "so cold"... wasn't that just an average low lol

All this means is I'll be able to grow a pretty sweet tropical garden... we can already reliably grow windmill palms and saw palmettos... can't wait until we can plant butias and sabals.

Here's to a the end of winter in the long term.

By the way, I spent two weeks in Germany and Austria in early December and it was snowing more or less every day and reaching the teens at night. I can't say I've been wishing for it at any time since.

Archived