joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SNE winter 2013 banter thread for the final 2/3 left

Ginx snewx

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see how anyone outside of caribou maintains pack. Overnight temps dews very high with a spectacular torch Wednesday. This years torches always get more impressive as we get close. Meanwhile, officially, BOS got 0.3 overnight and now is 1.3 away for obliterating 1936-37 and 1.6 from last year. Epic.

I don't see how anyone outside of caribou maintains pack. Overnight temps dews very high with a spectacular torch Wednesday. This years torches always get more impressive as we get close. Meanwhile, officially, BOS got 0.3 overnight and now is 1.3 away for obliterating 1936-37 and 1.6 from last year. Epic.

I am sure you jest as these NNE  spots with big numbers will not 

http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&format=CI&version=1&glossary=0&highlight=off&issuedby=GYX&product=HYD

I won't have snow left up here except for snowbanks (at least at village elevation) come Thursday afternoon.  The higher spots deeper to the NE of here in NEVT and NNH/WME that have 10" or more to start with will probably still have some crusty inches left.

I won't have snow left up here except for snowbanks (at least at village elevation) come Thursday afternoon.  The higher spots deeper to the NE of here in NEVT and NNH/WME that have 10" or more to start with will probably still have some crusty inches left.

You said that last time when we had a 5 day torch , yet you still had snow. How is a 24-36 hour period going to wipe you out especially when you add 3-6 Monday?

Theres Rollos follow up wave, euro has it just further offshore.

Ginxy models all over the place with something in the 1/31 to 2/2 range. With the torch becoming more torcharrific it's shifting more to 1/1 ish. The gfs is always too fast with that type of diving energy...but we can't get any consistency run to run because it handles it differently very six hours. We will see how it rolls come later tonight into Sunday.

I'd prefer the 18z gfs solution. That's what the ggem and jma have tried to do at various times as well.

You said that last time when we had a 5 day torch , yet you still had snow. How is a 24-36 hour period going to wipe you out especially when you add 3-6 Monday?

No I said that we'd keep it last time...lol.  You said our fluff would evaporate, IIRC. 

I'll post a picture of my yard on Thursday to confirm.  A rock hard 6.0" at the stake right now.  During the last thaw we went from 15" to 5.5"...and that one didn't even really have any rain.  I just think if some of these 1"+ QPF/rain models come true along with dews getting into the 40s... this stuff isn't going to stand a chance.

I hope the things you've been pointing to as possible good signs are going to come to fruition man but it's just been frustrating so far.  26" at 1k in NW CT going into Feb?  That's not good papa ginx

Dude.....stop. 26" at this point in the year...is close to average...AND 1K in NWCT is not Mount Mansfield. As Will has told you, you average somewhere around 65". So you are probably about 5" below average to this point. And Uconn is average to above for snow for the winter. A good FEB and you are average to above average for the winter in both locations. 

Weenies think they 10-11 comes every year or something...Geez. Boston has right to complain but interior CT is average to in a lot of cases above.

Dude.....stop. 26" at this point in the year...is close to average...AND 1K in NWCT is not Mount Mansfield. As Will has told you, you average somewhere around 65". So you are probably about 5" below average to this point. And Uconn is average to above for snow for the winter. A good FEB and you are average to above average for the winter in both locations. 

Weenies think they 10-11 comes every year or something...Geez. Boston has right to complain but interior CT is average to in a lot of cases above.

Its probably just this month that's really seemed like its blown... my snowstake at 3,000ft saw only 40% of a short 5-year average this month, bringing us down to 80% of average to date (135" vs 168") after a semi-decent November/December. 

What I find interesting...clunkers seem to come in bunches...as we got more snow last Dec/Jan than this Dec/Jan combination.  I wasn't sure it could get worse than last year with over 100 inches below normal, but unless something changes, we're on pace to give last year a run for its money, lol. 

While the actual inches of snowfall from town to mountain summit may not seem complain-worthy to some, as far as relative to normal goes, it has certainly not been anywhere near "snowy" up here.

Its probably just this month that's really seemed like its blown... my snowstake at 3,000ft saw only 40% of a short 5-year average this month, bringing us down to 80% of average to date (135" vs 168") after a semi-decent November/December.

What I find interesting...clunkers seem to come in bunches...as we got more snow last Dec/Jan than this Dec/Jan combination. I wasn't sure it could get worse than last year with over 100 inches below normal, but unless something changes, we're on pace to give last year a run for its money, lol.

While the actual inches of snowfall from town to mountain summit may not seem complain-worthy to some, as far as relative to normal goes, it has certainly not been anywhere near "snowy" up here.

Yeah, it's true. January has been pretty terrible. Over half (14") of my 25" came from 12/26 to 12/29....so if you look at it that way I've had 11" for the year outside those two storms. It's hard to complain living where I live though. NNE has had it even worse. CON has less snow than ORH.

Funny how we can't shake old habits though...still wait for the euro to roll in as though it's gospel.

GFS definitely having a good run of late - maybe it's just the fast flow?

I was thinking that. Euro still slightly tops the GFS at H5 in the NHEM scores, but there's been quite a few days when the GFS was the daily winner. Surprisingly, the Ukie comes in just ahead of the GFS in 2nd. It does seem the GFS has handled the details better than the EC though.

acz5.gif

Damn, took a major digger in the driveway stepping around my truck, ribs FTL. Surprised how much of last nights snow is around, full sun, not that cold, pure fluff although a lot did vaporize and some obviously melted and refroze into black ice on my driveway. Nice lump on my cage.

That stinks. My son got a little carried away speading the CaCl3 in the driveway (he wanted to play basketball, but the recent flizzards made a mess). Not sure why he wanted to play basketball when it was in the teens.

Anyway, we have calcium chloride everywhere.

I also drove the old minivan a little today (got a new car 2 weeks ago) and hit the wipers. Blade I guess was frozen to the windshield and the wiper arm snapped.  Oops

Hope you feel better. I tweaked something in my back at WaWa Thurs night.

Damn, took a major digger in the driveway stepping around my truck, ribs FTL. Surprised how much of last nights snow is around, full sun, not that cold, pure fluff although a lot did vaporize and some obviously melted and refroze into black ice on my driveway. Nice lump on my cage.

What did you end up with last night?

Archived