joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SNE winter 2013 banter thread for the final 2/3 left

Ginx snewx

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy 60 degrees on Wednesday, batman??? going to feel like the tropics after the stretch of cold we just came off of!

anyway, after witnessing the "meltdowns" over the past few weeks...and the punting and the canceling and the depression...i'm pretty sure if winter 2013-2014 poos the bed, best to just lock this forum and put a ban on toaster sales from department stores....

Holy 60 degrees on Wednesday, batman??? going to feel like the tropics after the stretch of cold we just came off of!

anyway, after witnessing the "meltdowns" over the past few weeks...and the punting and the canceling and the depression...i'm pretty sure if winter 2013-2014 poos the bed, best to just lock this forum and put a ban on toaster sales from department stores....

You calling next winter a ratter Diane? Gutsy call!

Any truth to this? I only glanced at the 850's on the euro  since I;ve been out all afternoon

I'm guessing this is wrong seeing who did it

FRIDAY...COLDER AIR CONTINUES TO WORK INTO THE REGION WITH TEMPERATURES DROPPING TO NEAR NORMAL LEVELS. THERE IS SOME UNCERTAINTY WITH REGARDS TO THE POTENTIAL FOR PRECIPITATION HERE. THE ECMWF DEVELOPS A COASTAL LOW OFF THE DELMARVA PENINSULA...THEN PASSING SOUTHEAST OF THE 40/70 BENCHMARK. THIS WOULD BRING PRECIPITATION TO AT LEAST THE SOUTHERN PORTIONS OF OUR AREA LATE FRIDAY INTO FRIDAY NIGHT

Energy mets are in an uproar this afternoon over the next 3 weeks. Saying massive fail for the cold nationwide. And Euro ens switched to not as wintry. Is this true?

It keeps us fairly chilly but the central US doesn't get that much arctic air. I actually prefer the pattern on the Euro ensembles today because it would probably allow for more storm chances.

I sort of like the look for the weekend. Seems like there's some potential there for phasing and amplification.

I really like the look of that event, too.  It could definitely turn into something larger... that and the tracks of the mid/upper and surface low are damn near perfect for upslope snows, though it does look short duration. 

Upslope coupled with synoptic would be nice for a change of pace.

Then there's another one right after it.

I really think this is a great clipper pattern setting up....not sure why so many said it didn't look that good earlier, unless that was more of a mid-Atlantic/SNE vibe with the ECM showing them north of the pike earlier.

I really like the look of that event, too.  It could definitely turn into something larger... that and the tracks of the mid/upper and surface low are damn near perfect for upslope snows, though it does look short duration. 

Upslope coupled with synoptic would be nice for a change of pace.

Then there's another one right after it.

I really think this is a great clipper pattern setting up....not sure why so many said it didn't look that good earlier, unless that was more of a mid-Atlantic/SNE vibe with the ECM showing them north of the pike earlier.

Well if it looks bad for SNE, then most here won't like it and say it looks bad since the majority in this forum are SNE vs NNE.

That said, I didn't think the pattern looked bad for any part of NE. Maybe the furtherst south or southwest might have the most trouble with clippers or late redevelopers. But overall we have our shots.

Archived