joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SNE winter 2013 banter thread for the final 2/3 left

Ginx snewx

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My mantra is it can't get any worse (if you like snow).  Go into it with that attitude and it's impossible to be bummed unless 1-2" before torches is the thing that makes you happy.

We're still going to have the cold, so really it cannot get worse than the historical lows we've seen.

that was my mantra coming into this year, that this winter couldnt be any worse than last year. well, so far it is pretty close IMBY

that was my mantra coming into this year, that this winter couldnt be any worse than last year. well, so far it is pretty close IMBY

Its been much more wintry here than last year, sux in the snow department but have had a white ground for a while and cold temps, I like wintry weather even if we dont get a lot of snow, I would prefer a huge blizzard but its been a better feel than last year, still think we get hit with a decent one in Feb.

I understand that assumption, but you or I...or any other met for that matter wouldn't have a job of we thought that way.

Yep.

nothing has worked out this year so this one won't either.

Man it's like almost there...almost funny.

I have hope on this one, Coastal has been somewhat bullish on this one, things have to snap sooner or later..

Definitely deserves the attention...and the one after it.

Anyone looking at an operational model can see those dates are possible threats, the question for the pros is what favors one date over the other, one system over the other. Beats me, just curious.

Well the 2/3 one may only be a small event if that since the flow is progressive. If something like the euro op happened then it would be a 1-3 deal.

The 2/5 one has a nice high amplitude ridge out west which will allow the s/w to dig more and buckle the flow. Loop the GFS Vorticity and you'll see what I mean.

Well the 2/3 one may only be a small event if that since the flow is progressive. If something like the euro op happened then it would be a 1-3 deal.

The 2/5 one has a nice high amplitude ridge out west which will allow the s/w to dig more and buckle the flow. Loop the GFS Vorticity and you'll see what I mean.

Cool thanks Scott

We've got about 3-4 weeks so let's make it count

@AmWx_Adam: .@CALefkof this is an overall stormy/cold period with a couple torchy days between threats. We can cancel things after Feb 20

In the great years the back ends always get pushed back. In the bad years the good never comes and the end arrives faster than anyone expected.

We will see which one this winter ends up being soon.

Archived