joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SNE winter 2013 banter thread for the final 2/3 left

Ginx snewx

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read somewhere on this thread that some mets said winter is going to end around Valentines Day? That's too early.

And yes, this double quote thing sucks. I know what you're talking about.

Lol, so march is no longer a winter month and now we're tossing half of February? Meh' I'll believe it when I see it no matter what met is calling for it.

I guess here's my problem with the long term. I don't see anything that changes the cold and dry. As we knock down the western ridge some the flow just goes more zonal reducing amplification threats even further.

I'm not saying the modeling is right currently it's too early. But I'm not seeing the positive potential of others just yet.

what are you looking for in the gefs for you to be excited?

Something other than predominately cold and dry. Where is there room for anything serious to amplify verbatim in today's run? I will hold off on getting excited on 7 day clipper threats. Flow looks flat and fast.

On the gefs

What are the pros seeing that has them more excited for a positive change on that run?

what are you looking for in the gefs for you to be excited?

Something other than predominately cold and dry. Where is there room for anything serious to amplify verbatim in today's run? I will hold off on getting excited on 7 day clipper threats. Flow looks flat and fast.

On the gefs

What are the pros seeing that has them more excited for a positive change on that run?

Not having sub 500 thicknesses showing up on a day 8 mean over N NYS is a good starting point.

On the gefs

seriously amplify?  Probably not...but moderately amplify?  yeah.  I think there is.  

On the gefs

I agree as of now.  Flow still looks too fast.  Any modeled threats will probably fizzle as they approach in time.  Later, rinse, repeat. 

I would like to know when this phantom -NAO is finally going to show up lol.
I agree as of now.  Flow still looks too fast.  Any modeled threats will probably fizzle as they approach in time.  Later, rinse, repeat. 

Not in direct response to the nao comment but yeah. That's killed us in this pattern.

We replace the pv to our NW with a potential flatter ridge out west and maybe some ridging se. Way out there but that's my concern.

http://raleighwx.americanwx.com/models/gfsensemble/12zens500mbHGHTchangeNH2panel324.gif

Not in direct response to the nao comment but yeah. That's killed us in this pattern. We replace the pv to our NW with a potential flatter ridge out west and maybe some ridging se. Way out there but that's my concern. http://raleighwx.americanwx.com/models/gfsensemble/12zens500mbHGHTchangeNH2panel324.gif

the -nao didn't kill us in the past cold pattern.  Not by a long shot...if we are getting suppression from the PV then the -NAO would even put more suppression over the area.  

That pattern doens't look cold and dry at all...at least the one you're looking at 324 hours.

the -nao didn't kill us in the past cold pattern. Not by a long shot...if we are getting suppression from the PV then the -NAO would even put more suppression over the area.

That pattern doens't look cold and dry at all...at least the one you're looking at 324 hours.

Time will tell. We heard all last month that we were going to break towards better things. Maybe this time it does happen.

It's way too early to say much of anything but pretty clearly the pattern is about to change.

What time frame are you talking about? 7 days? 10? 10+

Also, if we had a real -nao I doubt the pv would have been camped out just to our NW. Would have been further west or northwest. IMHO. But what comes first anyway it's all tied together and not in a vacuum.

i would just assume the pattern will blow going fwd. cold and dry or warm and wet.

at this point i'm sorta glad it's just cold and seems "wintery"  and in these cold periods where i'm bless'd with .001 precip every week, i just thank the heavens.

if it gets mild and wet at least the NNE mtns can rack up some snowpack , unless we just torch.   but it is nice to see lakes frozen over IMO.  I like to see old lady's staying huddled in their houses all day , and i like to see women walking up and down the street in their FMB's .

Archived