joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SNE winter 2013 banter thread for the final 2/3 left

Ginx snewx

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

never really thought that was the reason be got.canned. It was just perfect timing. I was living in eastern Nevada at the time when Todd gross was introduced as the new SLC ocm for ABC. The intro story they ran with was how Todd was the meteorologist in the perfect storm and was the only one to forecast it correctly

He is back in MA now....left SLK after 2010....he does contracting work not too dissimilar to what I was doing fulltime the past few years before I started working in Boston. He occasionaly appears on CNBC and some local stations in W MA and on the radio I have heard him.

Its too bad he had personality issues with the news director and other coworkers because he was more talented than most of the field. But nobody likes to work with a personality abrasion. He's one of the few Boston mets I never met, so I couldn't say anything from my own personal experience....I met Pete though and he was really down to earth as they come and a great guy. People in the industry say he is the same way in the work environment. But he never had Todd's talent for our local weather.

Todd was brilliant with our local climo I will say that. I thought the man knew it inside and out. I remember he used to break down the models and show which agreed on a storm...which did not. I believe the NGM was the one that caught on the the big 2/7/03 positive bust, although not as prolific as what actually happened obviously.

OT: Btw Scott, how in the hell do you have almost 45,000 posts!? I'm on this site everyday and I see Rollo Tomasi constantly posting, but he is at only ~13,000!? I can't comprehend it.

Been on since 2008 and post in the sports side too...although not like years previous. I'm a post whore. I just enjoy BSing

He is back in MA now....left SLK after 2010....he does contracting work not too dissimilar to what I was doing fulltime the past few years before I started working in Boston. He occasionaly appears on CNBC and some local stations in W MA and on the radio I have heard him.

Its too bad he had personality issues with the news director and other coworkers because he was more talented than most of the field. But nobody likes to work with a personality abrasion. He's one of the few Boston mets I never met, so I couldn't say anything from my own personal experience....I met Pete though and he was really down to earth as they come and a great guy. People in the industry say he is the same way in the work environment. But he never had Todd's talent for our local weather.

haven't met either of them...but Pete always answers his emails...todd never really did...never knew how poorly Todd mid managed his personal life. I don't doubt he was talented, but he could never build a good rapport with the viewers

Todd got canned For doing things like getting caught fooking around with some girl in a parking garage, getting kicked out of his home, and living in the ch 7 weather desk. He was like Ron Burgundy.

I'd probably watch the news more than once or twice a month if there were more personalities like Ron Burgundy.  I miss Lobel maybe being a little "under the weather" while doing the sports reports.

Never forget meeting Jack Edwards.  We were in Boston heading to the bars or heading home I don't remember which.  We were getting into a cab and he was getting out of the same cab.  I remember saying "it's john henning" ...they both had the silver hair.  He straightened right up "Actually it's Jack Edwards"...was a nice enough guy who actually hung around for a minute or two as he was waiting for Joyce whatever her name was.

Non weather guy but I met the Burgundy of NECN sports in an ATM once the night of some awards show they did for cable tv.  Holy moly was he smashed at like 7pm. 

OT: Btw Scott, how in the hell do you have almost 45,000 posts!? I'm on this site everyday and I see Rollo Tomasi constantly posting, but he is at only ~13,000!? I can't comprehend it. 

Scott is a post whore. lol, I have 9K and I know very little, so Scott having 45K is fine with me.

The bromance between Jeremy and Pete cracks me up. You know Pete pulled some strings and has a softness for lsc alums :)

It's awesome actually. JR and Pete always tweet back and forth and stuff...channel 7 has a great group of guys...their weekend guy is good too. I forget his name right now.

41,000 of them are responses to CT Blizz.

I don't post aside of winter and the random hurricane.  The guy from Attleboro hates us both and has us on ignore after anointing us post whores.

I don't post aside of winter and the random hurricane.  The guy from Attleboro hates us both and has us on ignore after anointing us post whores.

Lol. I've been on message boards before but I must say, this is one of a kind, and in a good way I'm addicted to this site. I feel like everyone knows eachother on a first name basis here. Do you guys send Christmas cards to eachother?

You're right, even worse.....this site branched off from easternuswx. So yeah this is since Fall 2010. Even worse.

I think you had maybe 23K or something at eastern in just 2 years before the switch? Something like that. Then you're post rate increased even more lol. Quick calc shows at American you are at about 55-60 posts a day.

I don't post aside of winter and the random hurricane. The guy from Attleboro hates us both and has us on ignore after anointing us post whores.

Lol I saw that. What could be more annoying than people posting frequently on an online forum right? Did you guys like egg his house or something or does he dislike you solely for posting?

Lol. I've been on message boards before but I must say, this is one of a kind, and in a good way I'm addicted to this site. I feel like everyone knows eachother on a first name basis here. Do you guys send Christmas cards to eachother?

Yeah it's a good group of guys here...and gals. Many of us meet up from time to time at a bar and weenie out over a few beers.

Archived