joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SNE winter 2013 banter thread for the final 2/3 left

Ginx snewx

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well--after a mild meltdown of weather disgust this morning, I have returned buoyed by the sight of weenie flakes whitening  the stale snow. Doesn't take much to transform plain white to twinkling white. 

Curious to see how things play out for the frontal passage and beyond.  Some things to look forward to upon my return.

11* feels pretty darn warm after the chilly wind last night.

Well--after a mild meltdown of weather disgust this morning, I have returned buoyed by the sight of weenie flakes whitening  the stale snow. Doesn't take much to transform plain white to twinkling white. 

Curious to see how things play out for the frontal passage and beyond.  Some things to look forward to upon my return.

11* feels pretty darn warm after the chilly wind last night.

mon actually looks decent for snow for you, I will be there Tues!

Looking at a few more years....amazingly, 1968-1969 was worse than this year to date too...but then BOS proceeded to have its 2nd snowiest February on record with 41.3" in Feb 1969. Years like 1966-1967 weren't much better through the end of January and also had a big comeback.

Many of those winters on the list never mounted much of a comeback....but several did like the already mentioned '57-'58, '68-'69, '66-'67, and '58-'59. '55-'56 was doing pretty poorly as well and made a huge comeback.

Was living in Dedham, Ma in 78 and don't remember much of anything happening snow wise until the Jan 20-21 storm.............and then of course the granddaddy of all Blizzards hit. Keep the dream alive.......it only takes one MONSTER to make our winter and there is plenty of time left.

Once Barry and Harvey retire, its looking a bit bleak. Kevin L is decent...fellow graduate of my alma matar. But we need some more very knowledgable on air mets aorund here and not just TV fodder.

It's gonna suck. Ryan should have threw his name into the hat now that David Brown is gone.

It's gonna suck. Ryan should have threw his name into the hat now that David Brown is gone.

What happened with Dave?  He was great.  Seemed like a genuinely good guy too.

I'm excited for Feb....looks kind of volatile.

Volatile is what we need.  I think we need to get our minds around forgoing the ice age for off and on cold with storms.

Dave Murray just logged off for not mentioning him.

Might be a great buy but I will never know what BZ was thinking.  They get rid of a personality and a half in Bruce and bring in kind of a stiff.  And pass over Barry in the meantime. Burbank got the shaft over and over at BZ but he was smart and just stayed the course.

Might be a great buy but I will never know what BZ was thinking.  They get rid of a personality and a half in Bruce and bring in kind of a stiff.  And pass over Barry in the meantime. Burbank got the shaft over and over at BZ but he was smart and just stayed the course.

Burbank was offered the chief job I believe at some point in the last decade or so but wanted to stay mornings.

WBZ hasn't done the greatest job, but not terirble. WHDH was a disaster...not offering Harvey something respectable after WCVB knocked his socks off in 2002 (he was going to stay at WHDH for less, but not for an insulting amount....they offered an insulting amount I believe). Then shortly after they canned Todd Gross...maybe in 2005. I heard the news director hated Todd Gross though...not a good combo for job security.

Archived