joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SNE winter 2013 banter thread for the final 2/3 left

Ginx snewx

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember op gfs will be slow to come around. Kind of expected this in earlier runs...eventually the energy ticked far enough to create a storm that hangs the front. I like where a lot of you sit in western and northern ne.

Patience on this one. I doubt we end up with dual rainers. May miss but I doubt dual rainers at the moment

Remember op gfs will be slow to come around. Kind of expected this in earlier runs...eventually the energy ticked far enough to create a storm that hangs the front. I like where a lot of you sit in western and northern ne.

Patience on this one. I doubt we end up with dual rainers. May miss but I doubt dual rainers at the moment

I think the gfs only has one rain event

I think there are growing signs that by about the 9th or 10th we are breaking down this current pattern. Good riddance. Ill take my chances with something else and an abundance of deep cold over us and to our north. That should at least provide chances during the transition period in the feb 8-20 time period. In the meantime the euro produces zero snow outside of Monday for the next ten days. We get milded up with the cutter, watch 1 or 2 waves develop and miss after the front, one along and one well after and then cross our fingers for the 2/3 to 2/6 period. What is it specifically that everyone is seeing that brings us from the pattern we have to one that is cold AND snowy when the caldenar flips?

There's definite signs to me that the coming regime isn't exactly the same as the last one.  It isn't as cold...the PV over Hudson Bay is considerably looser...the EPO is weaker...but we have a +PNA.  The flow shouldn't be quite as strong.

If you don't count the rains on the front side of the first storm that goes into Quebec. The gfs has been steadily moving away from a frontal passage with rain to now a wave on the front with rain. Technically two distinct areas of low pressure. First one slings the warm front up over us with some rain, moves off into Canada leaving a front behind on which a low develops and moves west of us.

There's definite signs to me that the coming regime isn't exactly the same as the last one. It isn't as cold...the PV over Hudson Bay is considerably looser...the EPO is weaker...but we have a +PNA. The flow shouldn't be quite as strong.

Yeah good summation. That why I said it may be more volatile with various types of storms.

Osu I think models are hinting that they're all kind of tied together. Op gfs is probably too fast with this frontal wave thing. The front probably gets further east, the trailing energy slower. Wave develops further se and later, as the "clipper" energy starts to slide down.

All conjecture, but just my thought of what could happen.

Yeah good summation. That why I said it may be more volatile with various types of storms.

yeah I remember during the first few days of the change back to cooler weather after the torch period (when it wasn't really cold yet) there was a monster 468dm PV over Hudson Bay located in a very similar location to this one  late next week..but this one is inducing significant colder than normal weather over the lakes and the northeast...along with favorable LES conditions.

Osu I think models are hinting that they're all kind of tied together. Op gfs is probably too fast with this frontal wave thing. The front probably gets further east, the trailing energy slower. Wave develops further se and later, as the "clipper" energy starts to slide down. All conjecture, but just my thought of what could happen.

I'd have more faith in a post-frontal clipper than the wave coming in soon enough to actually back up the front and make anafrontal snow.

Archived