• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SNE winter 2013 banter thread for the final 2/3 left

Ginx snewx

I think Bruce cooked his own goose. Word was he was kind of a d"ck.

He actually got fired once before, but the public wrote so many letters that they rehired him. lol. I think this was back in the 1980s. His contract came up again in 2001 after that winter....and he expected it to be renewed, but they just never did. He walked in the day it was up and they said nice knowing you.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bring back Mish. Autocorrects to Mush btw

Another Cornell grad.

She loved the outreach stuff. She left on her own terms. I think she is still in the area doing science stuff that involves outreach to schools/education, etc. Not 100% sure, but that is what I heard a couple years ago.

When we moved out to Greenfield I was surprised to see Ed Carroll doing weather (ABC 40 Springfield)   He was in the Boston market when I lived in Cambridge. (WCVB?)

Yeah Ed Carroll started out there...then did Boston for many years before not getting renewed on his contract and went back west. Tough business TV can be. Ryan could tell you all about it...the stories can be tough to hear sometimes. One ofmy best friends and roommate from college is Jeff Smith at WABC in NYC. He tells me how tough some of these stories are sometimes.

Yeah Ed Carroll started out there...then did Boston for many years before not getting renewed on his contract and went back west. Tough business TV can be. Ryan could tell you all about it...the stories can be tough to hear sometimes. One ofmy best friends and roommate from college is Jeff Smith at WABC in NYC. He tells me how tough some of these stories are sometimes.

I had a friend who did studio work at a few stations in Boston.  I'll try and make next gtg to tell some stories as told by her.  Got to meet Todd Gross with her.  Nice guy. Easy to talk to.

Todd gross ended up in SLC. I believe with the ABC affiliate. In the days leading up to him getting canned, Todd and Pete were struggling to maintain a professional relationship. When the weather blog came out, Pete would do a write up and then when Todd came on shift he would rewrite the blog entry and he would never name names but always would make bordeline snide comments about the prior blog entry and how it was inaccurate...i finally got pissed and wrote to the station manager about how inappropriate and unprofessional that type of behavior was. And pointed out that Pete was loved by the viewing audience and had been coted by the people as the number one ocm in the Boston market- Boston globe printed the poll and the story. The next day Todd was gone and Pete was the chief meteorologist at whdh.

Todd gross ended up in SLC. I believe with the ABC affiliate. In the days leading up to him getting canned, Todd and Pete were struggling to maintain a professional relationship. When the weather blog came out, Pete would do a write up and then when Todd came on shift he would rewrite the blog entry and he would never name names but always would make bordeline snide comments about the prior blog entry and how it was inaccurate...i finally got pissed and wrote to the station manager about how inappropriate and unprofessional that type of behavior was. And pointed out that Pete was loved by the viewing audience and had been coted by the people as the number one ocm in the Boston market- Boston globe printed the poll and the story. The next day Todd was gone and Pete was the chief meteorologist at whdh.

I doubt the was the reason Todd got canned....in fact I know its the not the reason. There was tension between him and the news director for a long time before that. Todd could be arrogant, which is not a good trait to have....though he was a much more talented met than Pete was/is. Pete is a really nice guy though...much more well liked than Todd was by people in the news business.

I doubt the was the reason Todd got canned....in fact I know its the not the reason. There was tension between him and the news director for a long time before that. Todd could be arrogant, which is not a good trait to have....though he was a much more talented met than Pete was/is. Pete is a really nice guy though...much more well liked than Todd was by people in the news business.

never really thought that was the reason be got.canned. It was just perfect timing. I was living in eastern Nevada at the time when Todd gross was introduced as the new SLC ocm for ABC. The intro story they ran with was how Todd was the meteorologist in the perfect storm and was the only one to forecast it correctly

Man Monday could be one of those surprise solid advisory events,trending stronger.

Yeah for once this suck pattern of shearing everything SE works in our favor.

There was no love lost over the whole perfect storm thing too.  Drag was the one that started that whole thing and Todd got credit for it when as I recall it was Todd picking up on Drags stuff....and so it goes. 

The funny thing is I kind of remember the blog posts ski mentions.  I'd actually never considered that was a factor in the whole thing or that ski got Todd fired...haha just kidding.

I like Pete a lot, but he's no Bob Copeland. 

Archived