Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
The December 29-30 RPM Miracle--Obs Thread

moneypitmike

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah nobody around here wanted to listen, but that's the concern here without a good high. Maybe they will next time. I was probably the lowest around here too last night..lol.

The debate last night was whether this was coming more northwest or not... some were arguing based on realtime obs (especially the underestimated vortmax) and before any 0z guidance that this was gonna bomb out significantly further northwest than guidance showed. Some were sticking to a more conservative forecast because of meager 0z guidance qpf.

Eventually, the guidance caved to reality, and the conservative forecasts followed.

As it's playing out, the northwest trend was real, and the coastal front is setting up even further west.

Let's put aside the self back-slapping... we all want this badly, and I think we all cash in later tonight. All soundings show cooling of the column as winds shift north and heavier pcp gets here.

The debate last night was whether this was coming more northwest or not... some were arguing based on realtime obs (especially the underestimated vortmax) and before any 0z guidance that this was gonna bomb out significantly further northwest than guidance showed. Some were sticking to a more conservative forecast because of meager 0z guidance qpf.

Eventually, the guidance caved to reality, and the conservative forecasts followed.

As it's playing out, the northwest trend was real, and the coastal front is setting up even further west.

Let's put aside the self back-slapping... we all want this badly, and I think we all cash in later tonight. All soundings show cooling of the column as winds shift north and heavier pcp gets here.

There is no back patting, but weenies should listen next time instead of nude high 5s without looking at the details.

JMHO - but that's not what's happening.

Archived