• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The December 29-30 RPM Miracle--Obs Thread

moneypitmike

you still snow? Dual pol looks like you're on the verge of changing over.

Man it is just going to RIP tonight in SE Mass. I think Bob is going to get a 3 or 4 hour demolishing 1/8 SM +SN.

Just mixing IP now, but precip is lightening up...notice the higher CC where theres some subsidence in the mesoscale banding basically only in Middlesex county. Interesting.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you still snow? Dual pol looks like you're on the verge of changing over.

Man it is just going to RIP tonight in SE Mass. I think Bob is going to get a 3 or 4 hour demolishing 1/8 SM +SN.

yeah that area is going to get pounded for a while later on. i'm just hoping that pivots through here for a few hours toward midnight.

yeah that area is going to get pounded for a while later on. i'm just hoping that pivots through here for a few hours toward midnight.

The higher res mesoscale models just have that area going to town later. Based on radar and other developments I'd say that's a good bet. Someone near Taunton could put down 8" in like 3 hours or something absurd like that.

Yeah dual pol is just so awesome.

Yeah! Do you think it'll flip back shortly? I think it should flip once we get into heavier banding..should end with 6-8" which lines up great with my forecast.

PS- thanks for giving me notice about the CC..I woulda been so bummed if I went out to IP lol

Edit: Looks to be collapsing already back SE.

32.9/30 - after a quick jump to 33.0

Very quick transition to heavy wet snow.

For the first time in this event there is no sleet or rain - just pure wet snow.

Edit... flake size getting smaller again and some sleet mixing back in. 32.9/31 (dew up 1).

Archived