joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 29-30 storm.

stormtracker

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That stuff coming in doesn't look like snow on dual pol.. maybe some but it must be sleet or rain mainly. Wet bulbs are above freezing except far NW it seems.

Im just south of Ski Liberty and just above the MD line, about 20 minutes NW of Thurmont MD. I have noticed in my area that when the precip rate is high it snows and when it is low it is a mix or even sleet. My area now seems to be close to the transition area. If I had to guess. 30-40 miles south and east would be close to rain. unless the dynamics change.

Exactly right. That was a terrible post he made. This isn't a bust.....except for people who ignored the models in favor of what they wanted.

These models are good.

And Wes is even better.

Ide like to apologize for that, its just my snow starved brain talking, Wes did a wonderful job with this storm! I never meant to bash him.

Thanks, my phone isn't that sophisticated. I was hoping there was a nice internet site for it.

you can actually sorta see what appears to be the snow/sleet line ... folks in culpeper reporting snow.. back to roughly CHO. so.. maybe NW burbs will still get some.

Actually, the much hated NAm has a dry slot and didn't start any precip until around 15Z or so and it also had warm surface temps. I suspect we still get some light precip for the city and it will probably be light rain. I don't understand everyone getting so angry, this was never supposed to be a big event and I know I mentioned at least once that there were more things that could go wrong with the event than right. Last night after seeing the GFS, Matt made the comment "next" as it didn't look particularly good.

True, but if you believed Justin Berk, DC and Balt was to get 3-4"+....what a hoot that guy is.

A couple periods of light flurries here. Temp 33F, so it's a moot point. Would need to snow hard just to accumulate at all, and even moderate snow is not in the cards. I woke up around 7:30 to even a little bit of sunshine IMBY. Not one bit surprising as I saw the writing on the wall looking at last night's radar. Not much of a bust since at best we were looking at 1 - 3 inches, but given the somewhat bleak model progs for the next few weeks (precip wise) this was our best chance to add a little more snow cover.

Archived