joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 29-30 storm.

stormtracker

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Euro does look good for a moderate event around the DCA/BWI metro area this weekend. However, I always get a little nervous with these storms that have central MD as the western cutoff for the "good snow" and the best precip is depicted further north and east. Unfortunatley, I've seen storms through the years with this precip pattern, shift NE and leave the DCA/BWI area with little precip. I'll be closely watching the 12Z Euro for any shifts in precip gradient (hopefully stable or even further west)---do not want to see the dreaded east shift.

MDstorm

This was from 2 nights ago when the Euro looked good around here. Unfortunately, the dreaded east/NE shift did occur (again). Congrats SNE.

Light snow now falling here.

MDstorm

it's been snowing here for about 30 min with very little stickage except for the trees. That's what makes me bitter. Had the sun not been out this morning (and the temps actually been in the upper 20s as forecasted), or had the precip arrived before dawn, at least we'd have gotten a ground covering out of this.

Shocked to see NWS continue with the WWA and 1 - 3 forecast. Doesn't look possible except for areas far NW (cold) or NE (coastal precip).

Archived