Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December 29-30 storm.

stormtracker

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I may be hallucinating, but doesn't the dry slot look like it's heading south of us?

http://www.accuweath...llite-wv?play=1

The gap shown in the WV doesn't match that which is shown on radar (I don't know how to post a radar loop). The WV data shows upper air conditions (18,000 ft) according to Accuwxr. I would assume that is not necessarily an indicator of where precip is falling at the surface. For instance, I thought I read posted on this board somewhere that snow forms around the 850 mb (4000 - 5000 ft) level. I'm just learning, so maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Radar blowing up nicely in Chareston and Blacksburg. Sleet to start, but that pesky warm layer was expected. Should work itself out, especially western regions up there.

You're up in WV right now aren't you? You're gonna do way better there than LYH I bet. :thumbsup:

I may be hallucinating, but doesn't the dry slot look like it's heading south of us?

http://www.accuweath...llite-wv?play=1

the moisture is there, but i think the concern is that we're going to be between the upper level low providing the added lift and the developing coastal low. i think we want that ohio valley energy to be a tad further south. i still think we can eek this one out, but it'll be close.

From the depression and negativity in here, you would have thought we busted on a 6-12'er or something! Even if we miss this, which is debatable right now, this doesn't even rank in the top 100 busts, right? I know we are desperate, but...

Forecasts are for 1-3 inches at most. I don't think getting a dusting would be much of a bust.

the moisture is there, but i think the concern is that we're going to be between the upper level low providing the added lift and the developing coastal low. i think we want that ohio valley energy to be a tad further south. i still think we can eek this one out, but it'll be close.

Yeah, I realize that, certainly looks healthy. But based on water vapor loop, it looks like the gap between the two systems is 1. closing and 2. heading south.

here is the next big storm...middle of january..heart of snow season. High in perfect position and.........

rain

http://mag.ncep.noaa...mslp_precip.gif

At least you take solace in knowing that the models will be changing right up to start time, so no use getting depressed over fantasy-land runs.

Of course, you could also fret the fact that we live in the MA....

Archived