• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December 29-30 storm.

stormtracker

I've been troubled with the dual low setup for days. Latest model runs really don't surprise me. Looking at radar during the mid afternoon it looked good and I was really hoping that a clear split between the shields wouldn't happen but man, you can see it plain as day. I guess the southern low can do some things to surprise us but I've been bearish all day. I should have taken the damn blue pill.

Right now everyone should turn off their CPUs, go to bed, wake up at 5am and THEN see what it is doing.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

models are smarter than most of us. :(

But maybe the models are too smart for their own good? I mean, if this storm was looking good for us on the models we'd all be in nowcast mode, disregarding the models for the most part. But since the models are showing a screw job, we want to hug the GFS/NAM until the end.....but what do I know.

But maybe the models are too smart for their own good? I mean, if this storm was looking good for us on the models we'd all be in nowcast mode, disregarding the models for the most part. But since the models are showing a screw job, we want to hug the GFS/NAM until the end.....but what do I know.

We're conditioned to expect the worst when it comes to these situations I suppose.

In my mind I see the models showing (light) precip hole that looks to me to match the gap in the precip shield that is moving in our direction.

Since 2010, there hasn't been a single "simple" snow for us.. Even the clippers were nail biters that had QPF in models fluctuating until the end to yield our measly 1.5". It's just been one of those stretches. This fluctuation in the QPF is nothing compared to the late Feb bust in 2011-- remember the runs getting better and better until we got a WSW for the suburbs at the onset of precip? Instead, Philly got 6" while we got less than half of the modeled precip from 6 hours lead time for sleet changing to a dusting.

Since 2010, there hasn't been a single "simple" snow for us.. Even the clippers were nail biters that had QPF in models fluctuating until the end to yield our measly 1.5". It's just been one of those stretches. This fluctuation in the QPF is nothing compared to the late Feb bust in 2011-- remember the runs getting better and better until we got a WSW for the suburbs at the onset of precip? Instead, Philly got 6" while we got less than half of the modeled precip from 6 hours lead time for sleet changing to a dusting.

2010-11 was awful...almost every event busted except for 1/26.....I got almost an inch from that one....Phineas/PSU etc got at least 5"...

We're conditioned to expect the worst when it comes to these situations I suppose.

In my mind I see the models showing (light) precip hole that looks to me to match the gap in the precip shield that is moving in our direction.

I may be hallucinating, but doesn't the dry slot look like it's heading south of us?

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/northeast-region/satellite-wv?play=1

2010-11 was awful...almost every event busted except for 1/26.....I got almost an inch from that one....Phineas/PSU etc got at least 5"...

Last winter was rough too with busts, except at least we had slightly longer lead-times that the models were wrong. Remember the February 19-20 narrow snow stripe in central-southern VA that was modeled right over us a couple of days out?

Archived