• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December 29-30 storm.

stormtracker

DC split already becoming evident on composite reflectivity. If either airport records an inch, I will be thrilled.

careful, that split, if it's what I think you're referring to west of ROA,is the mtn ridge that often causes a dead zone in the radar

I think earlier there was a split but am not so convinced of that now after looking at the composite local radars down and around tri-cities, blacksburg, etc.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Complaining about a synoptic setup on the long range GFS is certainly a start.

At any rate, hopefully the hill folks in this region do OK tomorrow morning. East of the fall line looks tough.

well you promised be a big winter...im holding you to it

Composite shows a band trying to set up across central MD. The flurry ob in Mt. Airy made me switch from base refl to see what's up. I may be snowing before 3am. Interesting.

Almost right on time per a good HRRR earlier. Posted somewhere back.

Almost right on time per a good HRRR earlier. Posted somewhere back.

I've never messed around with the really short term models. I suck at that kind of forecasting so I typically stay away. I went to the hrrr site but could only find the real time panel. Got a link for the comp refl stuff?

I have no clue how good the rap is. Mitch made me start looking at it today (thanks Mitch...i think). It seems to be picking up some lift and vorticity (small areas) in NC and VA. This hr 6 on 4z run:

Same point in time for the 3-4 runs prior show it but continuously stronger each run. These are the little things that can help wring things out overhead as everything morphs.

I've never messed around with the really short term models. I suck at that kind of forecasting so I typically stay away. I went to the hrrr site but could only find the real time panel. Got a link for the comp refl stuff?

I have no clue how good the rap is. Mitch made me start looking at it today (thanks Mitch...i think). It seems to be picking up some lift and vorticity (small areas) in NC and VA. This hr 6 on 4z run:

Same point in time for the 3-4 runs prior show it but continuously stronger each run. These are the little things that can help wring things out overhead as everything morphs.

http://rapidrefresh.noaa.gov/HRRR/Welcome.cgi?dsKey=hrrr_jet&domain=t3&run_time=29+Dec+2012+-+03Z

Archived