joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 29-30 storm.

stormtracker

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

people are actually considering writing a storm off 4 days away because of 2 runs of the GFS that still give us a track that may produce a couple inches of snow?....WTF is wrong with this forum?

Weenie mentality. The Euro looks good, and FWIW HPC prefers the Euro and its ensembles for next 5 days. GFS doesnt seem to know what it wants to do with the 2 vort maxes and ends up doing some sort of a late phase further north. Its solution just looks whacky to me. But what do i know it could be right. Potential is certainly there for a light to moderate event.

people are actually considering writing a storm off 4 days away because of 2 runs of the GFS that still give us a track that may produce a couple inches of snow?....WTF is wrong with this forum?

it's the same forum, with the same complaints

my concern wrt to this storm is that we're at day 4, signs of our typical screwgy are showing up (dominant nrt stream), and I can't recall a similar scenario switching back in our favor in the next 4 days

it seems when it starts going into the cr@pper at day 4, we can't beat the force of the suction pulling it in

yesterday was a nice event, but having another one like it while 30 minutes away they see 3"+ isn't much to look forward to

it's the same forum, with the same complaints

my concern wrt to this storm is that we're at day 4, signs of our typical screwgy are showing up (dominant nrt stream), and I can't recall a similar scenario switching back in our favor in the next 4 days

it seems when it starts going into the cr@pper at day 4, we can't beat the force of the suction pulling it in

yesterday was a nice event, but having another one like it while 30 minutes away they see 3"+ isn't much to look forward to

The Euro gives a nice event for much of the MA, Canadian is a bit further south. The GFS has the same biases it has always had, and one is not handling northern and southern stream energy correctly. So why focus on its solution at this point...see what the new run of the Euro looks like.

The Euro gives a nice event for much of the MA, Canadian is a bit further south. The GFS has the same biases it has always had, and one is not handling northern and southern stream energy correctly. So why focus on its solution at this point...see what the new run of the Euro looks like.

looks pretty good actually from what I can tell off the Underground maps

let's hope the GFS is garbage

i'm not sure anything will tell a tale 4 days out from an event

From the crude Euro the set still looks pretty good despite the weak trof extending towards the lakes> it looks like the vort goes south of us so I assume we get some snow from the run. How much QPF and what are the boundary temps for the event?

From the crude Euro the set still looks pretty good despite the weak trof extending towards the lakes> it looks like the vort goes south of us so I assume we get some snow from the run. How much QPF and what are the boundary temps for the event?

0.35" and 33-35 but I don't take sfc too seriously with that track (hatteras to off of ORF)...I imagine the column is fine...dont have access to that

Not bad seeing the ull still closed over the maritimes as the vort approaches vs open and moving away on 12z but still, the vort pass and 850 low still not ideal. Just a messy little event overall.

Much to be resolved. The questions we have won't be answered until tomorrows event gets north of us. Again, it's a really subtle setup. Much can go wrong...or right. We're only talking about 50-100 further south and itsallgood.

Stupid 500 setup in Canada again though. Gotta hope it improves again. It didn't last time but at least this isn't a big wrapped up system. Much easier to get a little lucky. I'm feeling lucky...for now.

Saw a track of the sfc reflection from Memphis to Dayton. Didn't realize it would then head due east on the OH turnpike. :oldman:

lol- I knew exactly what you were looking at. Stick to the 500 panels on this one. No closed ull tracking N like the current storm in the deep south. Just some n stream vorticity cruising along...with the same problem as tomorrow but just not nearly as hard to overcome.

We must all wishcast, will, and maybe even sacrifice a yard bunny to get the n stream vort to pass to our south. Or at the very least not be so dominant. And pray for some kind of 50-50 feature or strong blocking high to the north.

We can score on this one. We just won't know one way or the other until late tomorrow or thursday.

lol- I knew exactly what you were looking at. Stick to the 500 panels on this one. No closed ull tracking N like the current storm in the deep south. Just some n stream vorticity cruising along...with the same problem as tomorrow but just not nearly as hard to overcome.

We must all wishcast, will, and maybe even sacrifice a yard bunny to get the n stream vort to pass to our south. Or at the very least not be so dominant. And pray for some kind of 50-50 feature or strong blocking high to the north.

We can score on this one. We just won't know one way or the other until late tomorrow or thursday.

As long as the Euro shows something decent, I dont care what the GFS has at this point. I realize in the current pattern any subtle change with the 50-50 and whatever blocking exists can make or break this. But the GFS really can be awful with these set ups and I dont buy how its handling the northern and southern stream vorts.

The GFS ens would suggest the operational could be wrong. Several members take the low south of us and up the coast, sort of. With the euro and other guidance taking this south of us, I think there's less of a chance of this cutting than with the present storm.

00z NAM is promising at 84hr...aside from the fact that it is the NAM, 850s cold and precip inbound...I wonder what 90hr would look like

00z NAM is promising at 84hr...aside from the fact that it is the NAM, 850s cold and precip inbound...I wonder what 90hr would look like

It's not set for a big event. vort is strung out, pretty far north (esp for me) and there isn't really one define low pressure.

Archived