• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 29-30 storm.

stormtracker

we're 60 hours out dude......this thing comes in Friday night....and it has never looked particularly healthy on any run in the last 2 days.....

i guess...models seem to be missing warm nose placements lately until they get on top of the event...we will see...you still need snow though

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So many things can change now till Saturday.

It is funny to see the snow hole in DC & Chicago.

Plenty of winter left and with the Eurasia snow cover coming on strong late lets me believe in some late surprises unfolding and a backload winter will be knocking on our doors down the road.

No I was using IWM.com (3 hr panels, 6 hr precip), didn't feel like using AW pro or SV. Anyways, NAM just loses the QPF. I'm tempted to weigh less on it considering its lackluster performance of late and Zwyts giving us all permission to believe its garbage.

truth be told, it has been up and down on Sat with seemingly more run to run variability....at least that's what I've convinced myself

truth be told, it has been up and down on Sat with seemingly more run to run variability....at least that's what I've convinced myself

No you're definitely right. SREF's as Wxusaf said are a bit out of range, NAM of course is especially with recent performance. However, SREF's show a decent amount of QPF (i.e. greater than .3" on the mean if I was looking at the correct 0z on raleigh)

Not that the nam matters, but I do look at the thermal profiles--like the 18z GFS, it's warm from h85 down. Would be a wet, non accumulation snow at best as shown. (My area ROA-LYH)

Still time, but no reall push of cold air is always a concern.

I just checked the 18Z GFS soundings....yikes!

same warm garbage 925mb on down

on a positive note, the 1/2-1/3 event is cold as he!! on the GFS

the real deal

the real deal

Marginal in my area-- but that changes. However, things tend to trend warmer on the models. Perhaps this snow cover will finally pay off. :)

Were have the 1040 highs been? Heck I think a 1030 would work.

the real deal

We have a better chance IMHO with Saturday, that LL warmth on the GFS is not the real deal. The 1/2-1/3 is nice at the UL, i just dont like the energy interaction. Lemme see some more runs first.

you live halfway to Philly...I'm sure it will be fine up there

I know everyone here is about "setting climo expectations" but I can't set them much lower than one inch. Otherwise it isn't even a storm and we should close the thread. We should probably stop agonizing over models that are really not that good at pinpointing the fine details between a trace at 34 and an inch at 32.

Archived