• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 29-30 storm.

stormtracker

Euro is plausible...and so is the gfs. Short space between systems with no predominant -nao is going to be tough to model. Another very subtle setup. It looks like we've moved to a wet pattern and I think we've all had a pretty good outlook on this one. I say we get pasted in a nice stripe of .25-.50. All snow? Who knows...unless you live in winchester / westminster etc... lol

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro is plausible...and so is the gfs. Short space between systems with no predominant -nao is going to be tough to model. Another very subtle setup. It looks like we've moved to a wet pattern and I think we've all had a pretty good outlook on this one. I say we get pasted in a nice stripe of .25-.50. All snow? Who knows...unless you live in winchester / westminster etc... lol

Sounds about right Bob, and as to the snow topic, I'd say yes probably. The sfc BL may be 33-34 in some areas, but thats about it and the 850 and 540's will be definitely cold enough. Since its only 3 days out, time to make a first call. 2-4"

If I have this right, this storm won't be much dissimilar to the past two events.....more snow the further n/w you are from 95? I should have known better than to move to aa county last year.

we might be in a better spot with this one (vs. Christmas Eve and today's event) as the heaviest precip seems to be further south and even the Euro has the 850 0 line in central VA

these storms have been getting wetter as we approach the system so I've got my weenie fingers crossed we wind up in the .3-.5" qpf range

we might be in a better spot with this one (vs. Christmas Eve and today's event) as the heaviest precip seems to be further south and even the Euro has the 850 0 line in central VA

these storms have been getting wetter as we approach the system so I've got my weenie fingers crossed we wind up in the .3-.5" qpf range

Yeah I've been doubting these past few events and got .5 Monday and over an inch today, both pretty events while the snow lasted. Saturday/Sunday looks all snow, and I'm thinking 2-4.

12z GEFS had a nice look for this event. Not sure why LWX is going rain-dominant in the zones for Saturday...

Just like they went rain and sleet for this event near the cities. And the tv mets last night calling for rain and *maybe* sleet close in.

I have to be honest and its absolutely no knock on lwx because expecting a detailed breakdown like we do here doesn't work for the public. But I think we collectively do a much better short lead on this board than just about any public source. I find myself listening to lwx or tv less and less at short leads. Jmho

Archived