northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
December Banter

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally people are coming to the dark side, it looks like back to back skunkers. I have already gone through the grieving process now in accepting phase.

Now we just need Bevo to jump...

Yep, I'm on the packbacker express. From now on, I'm going to look for reasons why it's going to not be cold instead of reasons why we might actually eventually have a winter. Man, liking cold and snow really sucks sometimes.

The development a stormy and progressively colder pattern evolving from west to east across the nation highlights the forecast period going into the Holiday Season!

Guess who this came from? :grinch:

Translation: The country is progressively going to transition from exceptionally dry and very warm to moderately dry and just warm going into the Holiday season. :)

not going anywhere, i think the mtns of nc will see snow during the holiday season somewhere from dec. 21 thru jan 1 and not just once but maybe twice. Lets be optimistic.

I always think positively. Right now I am thinking that, much like last year, every monthly degree above average will save enough in my heating costs to pay for one green fee and cart rental. Not only that but, no matter how mild the weather, winter rules allow you to improve your lie in the fairway. FORE!!!!

I always think positively. Right now I am thinking that, much like last year, every monthly degree above average will save enough in my heating costs to pay for one green fee and cart rental. Not only that but, no matter how mild the weather, winter rules allow you to improve your lie in the fairway. FORE!!!!

There's a Groupon for the NC State course, Lonnie Poole, for like $27 or something, green fees/cart, if you play M-Th. It's a nice course, but you can find trouble really quick if you miss you targets....much like many other aspects of life. Anyway, for you, you'd have to add some gas money on top of that!

There's a Groupon for the NC State course, Lonnie Poole, for like $27 or something, green fees/cart, if you play M-Th. It's a nice course, but you can find trouble really quick if you miss you targets....much like many other aspects of life. Anyway, for you, you'd have to add some gas money on top of that!

I go to Raleigh regularly. I'll have to check it out when it warms up in January. :devilsmiley: Thanks.

What's up SE crew....I see we are starting this winter the same way last winter went. This is the first time in 8 years that I have not been on the weather board everday to start winter. After last years snooze fest, I'm not going to do it again this year. Hopefully things will change soon because I really do miss being able to track a winter storm.

January is going to be rocking round here...patience my friends we are in for an historic winter..nao n ao look to be in the negative range for some time

This is sarcasm right? If not, where's the beef? (as in model or indice support?) IMO if we don't flip around the Winter Solstice, we are in trouble because the Pacific rules the roost in a cold PDO and La Nina or La Nada are the majority occurences

If I ever witness another October/major snow riding up the seaboard, I'm writing December off and possibly the whole winter. I'll make that decesion come February. Call it an omen, signal what have you, but 2 years in a row have netted the exact same result.

Yea I have to wait a few months...even a crappy winter like last winter decided to throw us a bone...north-west NC and immediate east with some light snowfall.

I still have hope we do better than last winter... later on...for those of us that were not buried by Hurricane Sandy...which should me the majority.

January is going to be rocking round here...patience my friends we are in for an historic winter..nao n ao look to be in the negative range for some time

This is kind of refreshing to read. Normally, I see the term rocking (or rockin') referring to Feb. As a matter of fact, I've never ever seen it be referred to any other month. I wouldn't mind seeing it a month early.That in itself would be historic.

First off I would like to thank everyone for the obvious hard work and extensive research that everyone here does. I have always been fascinated with all types of weather especially winter weather. I prefer cold weather which is odd because I have lived 20 miles west of atlanta for 37 years! I come to this site and check the blogs 5-10 times per day. Some of You guys crack me up and it's almost always an entertaining read! So after coming here for some time as a guest I finally decided to create an account to say hello and thank everyone for having me. I lave learned so much by just reading post and going to other sites for some basic education! I see that there are several Mets here but I'm wondering how many folks here are just amateurs like myself? Can anyone suggest a good book or three that I can grab to expand my knowledge? I have been to MetEd but there are just so many choices I don't even know where to start. Thanks again for your time & keep up the great work!

One last thing ATLANTA FALCONS 2012 NFC South Champs!!

First off I would like to thank everyone for the obvious hard work and extensive research that everyone here does. I have always been fascinated with all types of weather especially winter weather. I prefer cold weather which is odd because I have lived 20 miles west of atlanta for 37 years! I come to this site and check the blogs 5-10 times per day. Some of You guys crack me up and it's almost always an entertaining read! So after coming here for some time as a guest I finally decided to create an account to say hello and thank everyone for having me. I lave learned so much by just reading post and going to other sites for some basic education! I see that there are several Mets here but I'm wondering how many folks here are just amateurs like myself? Can anyone suggest a good book or three that I can grab to expand my knowledge? I have been to MetEd but there are just so many choices I don't even know where to start. Thanks again for your time & keep up the great work!

Welcome aboard and GO PANTHERS hehe.

Looks wonderful at 372....if only it was hr. 72...but if it actually happens perhaps it's a great Christmas present.

Aw shucks. You had 372 before I could get it on Allan's site...funny thing is I have paid maps I was just too lazy to login thinking I would see more of the same in the LR. Lol. Let's see what the Doc says, but this run is interesting...just when everyone was ready to jump...GFS pulls us right in.

Welcome :) The Falcons are doing great this season and I'm a big fan. I hope they can rise up come playoff time.

Welcome aboard and GO PANTHERS hehe.

You guys are having a great year up there.

Going to the game tomorrow (well today now)

2 links I would recommend:

http://www.theweatherprediction.com/

Y'all have a great stadium up there! I have been 5 times and always have a great time. The fans there are always really nice (unlike other NFL stadiums I have been to) I wish I could come up for the game maybe next year! I have had falcons season tickets for 17 years! I have seen A LOT of BAD football around here but have always stayed committed to my team and it has been fun over the last few years, minus of course the one and done yearly playoff appearance. I think that changes this year! Thanks for the links. I will check them out

Welcome aboard! And Yippee Ki Yay, Mr. Falcon!

Archived