northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
December Banter

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bout the only reason I find myself watching this game.

I will take some P004 :)

Well the cold is coming across the US/CAN border. Nice snow shower watching the lions @ the packers.

Who's dreaming of a white Christmas! Hedge your bets:

Actually has quite a few members off the 18z putting down some white carpet.

Here's one for Thursday. Enjoy

18zensp004snow084.gif

^ Nice.

Going to bed. This is my week of finals. Good thing this week will be boring weather wise...maybe I can focus.

Good luck! Glad I don't have finals anymore. Now, life is simple...just a wife and kid to support, go to a sucky job every day, take cats to the vet, constantly repair and replace all manner of things that break in and around the house, and somehow try to successfully navigate four families on Christmas without making anyone mad at me. Yep good stuff.

Anway, good luck on your finals.

Good luck! Glad I don't have finals anymore. Now, life is simple...just a wife and kid to support, go to a sucky job every day, take cats to the vet, constantly repair and replace all manner of things that break in and around the house, and somehow try to successfully navigate four families on Christmas without making anyone mad at me. Yep good stuff.

Lmao... I'm newly married in my 30's. Going from batchelor up late nights to exactly this was a shock.

LOL.... I got a good laugh out of this. I got you beat, 4 girls, own a small business and own a rental property. Talk about stuff breaking all the time! It's amazing how other people can break your stuff faster than you can imagine!

Lmao... I'm newly married in my 30's. Going from batchelor up late nights to exactly this was a shock.

Nice! Congrats! And yup, it's a shocker for sure. Be sure and get plenty of sleep cause when you add kids, you'll also add some early mornings to the late nights. :) Well worth it though.

LOL.... I got a good laugh out of this. I got you beat, 4 girls, own a small business and own a rental property. Talk about stuff breaking all the time! It's amazing how other people can break your stuff faster than you can imagine!

Yeah, you got me for sure. Although, my son is probably worth a good 2 - 2/12 kids. I used to have stuff. I remember those days well. I don't have much stuff anymore. Maybe one day I'll have stuff again. :(

So exactly what are we looking at with that map? It looks like cold and a Low over NC, so I am guessing that could mean snow.

It's an anomaly map. Yellows/oranges represent higher heights than normal -- areas you might find ridging/blocking, usually correlating to above normal surface temps. Blues and purples are the opposite, and can also indicate a storm or general storminess. Depending on the configurations of those anomalies, you could expect cold/stormy, warm/dry, or something in-between. Looking at the map, you see ridging across Canada, slight ridging along the Pacific coast, and troughing in the SE. If that were to verify you would probably expect colder than normal weather here, along with an increased threat of storms. It's a good looking map, actually. I haven't checked any other maps or temperature plots.

All of that is predicated on the map verifying, which so far, we haven't seen that happen. We'll see, but it's encouraging to see it nonetheless. Anyway, feel free to jump back on the winter bandwagon. It looks like it's going to leave the station for a couple of days, at least.

No doubt. When you have kids the question always always is.. I really want _________.. Now, how do I justify getting ________..

Yeah, you got me for sure. Although, my son is probably worth a good 2 - 2/12 kids. I used to have stuff. I remember those days well. I don't have much stuff anymore. Maybe one day I'll have stuff again. :(

It's an anomaly map. Yellows/oranges represent higher heights than normal -- areas you might find ridging/blocking, usually correlating to above normal surface temps. Blues and purples are the opposite, and can also indicate a storm or general storminess. Depending on the configurations of those anomalies, you could expect cold/stormy, warm/dry, or something in-between. Looking at the map, you see ridging across Canada, slight ridging along the Pacific coast, and troughing in the SE. If that were to verify you would probably expect colder than normal weather here, along with an increased threat of storms. It's a good looking map, actually. I haven't checked any other maps or temperature plots.

All of that is predicated on the map verifying, which so far, we haven't seen that happen. We'll see, but it's encouraging to see it nonetheless. Anyway, feel free to jump back on the winter bandwagon. It looks like it's going to leave the station for a couple of days, at least.

+1 for explaining an heights and anomalies to Brick. You're a good man. :clap:

You know, I used to want/have stuff. I'm not sure when that changed. I work full time during the week and then every weekend at a local Home Depot. This allows my wife to stay home with our 3 kids (9 and under), which was what she wanted by the way. We home school as well.

But somewhere along the way, I became acutely aware that children learn to be like you. They also learn to "want" like you. So I decided that I would by far rather give my children experiences over stuff. I believe that's where I may have lost interest as well. Besides, a genuine legacy equates to what they remember, and how they remember it.

The Kingdom

46201445479718038312671.jpg

So how many have pulled one of those "started to jump off the cliff but hesitated causing them to slip but still hang on to a root from which they are now dangling and screaming for someone to pull them up"?

Archived