• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
December Banter

WilkesboroDude

Home school 3.. Your wife must be super awesome!

I 100% agree with the statement below.

You know, I used to want/have stuff. I'm not sure when that changed. I work full time during the week and then every weekend at a local Home Depot. This allows my wife to stay home with our 3 kids (9 and under), which was what she wanted by the way. We home school as well.

But somewhere along the way, I became acutely aware that children learn to be like you. They also learn to "want" like you. So I decided that I would by far rather give my children experiences over stuff. I believe that's where I may have lost interest as well. Besides, a genuine legacy equates to what they remember, and how they remember it.

The Kingdom

46201445479718038312671.jpg

So how many have pulled one of those "started to jump off the cliff but hesitated causing them to slip but still hang on to a root from which they are now dangling and screaming for someone to pull them up"?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Home school 3.. Your wife must be super awesome!

I 100% agree with the statement below.

She's about as close to a superhero as one could get I suppose. Stay at home parent's are grossly underestimated - with many people equating it to a baby sitting/maid service. Think about the weight of that responsibility: she is responsible for introducing human beings into the world. Their character, integrity and knowledge are driven and shaped primarily by her. How they treat people, how they show support and compassion - will be formed under her watch. Their understanding of the world and how it works will be largely the result of her teaching and governing. Their social success will come from how she engages them within it. Balancing that with also protecting them from an overbearing culture is a razor thin line. Go ahead and throw in the requirement of maintaining academic excellence. All while making sure that our home is still a home and not just a school. I would say that is somewhat superhero-ish.

She's about as close to a superhero as one could get I suppose. Stay at home parent's are grossly underestimated - with many people equating it to a baby sitting/maid service. Think about the weight of that responsibility: she is responsible for introducing human beings into the world. Their character, integrity and knowledge are driven and shaped primarily by her. How they treat people, how they show support and compassion - will be formed under her watch. Their understanding of the world and how it works will be largely the result of her teaching and governing. Their social success will come from how she engages them within it. Balancing that with also protecting them from an overbearing culture is a razor thin line. Go ahead and throw in the requirement of maintaining academic excellence. All while making sure that our home is still a home and not just a school. I would say that is somewhat superhero-ish.

You got that right. Home schooling is hard work on top of the hard work of being a stay-at-home parent. We don't do it, but we've researched it and have friends that do, so I know that's something that takes a lot of time and effort. My wife is a stay-at-home mom too, and I honestly don't know what I would do without her. It's so much harder than what I have to do. Superhero is right. You guys are doing it the right way. Well done! :thumbsup:

+1 for explaining an heights and anomalies to Brick. You're a good man. :clap:

I left this board over a year ago due to a move. As far as I can remember, Brick has been on these boards (eastern included) for over 5 years. In that time, people can be well on their way to becoming doctors in medicine, but Brick cant figure out the simplest of weather maps.

I left this board over a year ago due to a move. As far as I can remember, Brick has been on these boards (eastern included) for over 5 years. In that time, people can be well on their way to becoming doctors in medicine, but Brick cant figure out the simplest of weather maps.

To be honest, I don't really have the time to study them and try to figure out what they all mean.

To be honest, I don't really have the time to study them and try to figure out what they all mean.

Brick, I think the point is that after 5+ years of hanging out here, you should have a rudimentary understanding of the basic maps that are so often shown on here. That wouldn't come from any "studying" per se but just through simple repetitive observation of the same type of object. By following along with the many talented and informed people who do post here, it's about impossible to not pick up some knowledge of the trade craft. I'm not suggesting that asking questions is bad, but from my point of view as a teacher, you've got to internalize the answers that are given and grow, build on, and learn from them so that later you can ask more involved questions rather than the same questions.

Just my two cents, for what it's worth. :)

Well, I took the day off work to go Christmas shopping with the wife. We got it done and I still had time to look at weather stuff before she made me do chores. So, I was feeling a little generous. :)

After this Wed. I'll be off for 2 weeks...I don't even have the patience for Brick even with nothing to do in the day.

When looking at those maps think of it like this. Those lines across the US are a race track. When you put a car on it you want it to gain as much speed as possible when it finally gets to the southeast so the bigger the hill the more speed it can gain.

After this Wed. I'll be off for 2 weeks...I don't even have the patience for Brick even with nothing to do in the day.

That's nice right there. I took a few weeks off around the holidays last year. It was awesome.

Here's an observation from a relative newbie...I think Brick is not as naive as he appears. It seems it's a schtick.

I think this is true.

Nah, I am pretty smart. I just don't have the time to really look at the maps good and learn. I have learned some. But I'm really just a big weather weenie.

I think this is partly true. The part that makes it not fully true is the fact that you don't have time to look at the maps and learn, empirically proven by by the amount you post on this board and by also referencing things you've read elsewhere, which also require an allocation of your time. No, it would have been far more accurate to say that you have no desire to learn this stuff and only wish to fill your dish with food from those who've learned to fish.

Here is the look though nothing is coming out on the snow maps....

lfS8Q.gif

Not to shabby...I can see this storm looking very nice for NC in some following runs, just need to cold chasing moisture situation to vacate. Should be fun to keep an eye on and hopefully it turns into something that stays on the models to track!

Not to shabby...I can see this storm looking very nice for NC in some following runs, just need to cold chasing moisture situation to vacate. Should be fun to keep an eye on and hopefully it turns into something that stays on the models to track!

Well the 18z had a closed low trekking across the deep south and then kind of popping off of the coast...so theoretically for those on the northwest side temps should be there and the cold front just happens to come at the same time. Of course those on the nortwest side are on the fringes...but the major factor is that it's one run on the 18z lol.

Well the 18z had a closed low trekking across the deep south and then kind of popping off of the coast...so theoretically for those on the northwest side temps should be there and the cold front just happens to come at the same time. Of course those on the nortwest side are on the fringes...but the major factor is that it's one run on the 18z lol.

And the major factor is that it's 372 hr la la land

CR, between you and "Stubby" Burns, it's hard to keep my keyboard clean :)

Dang, man, most people have trouble having 1 family w/wife...and you are juggling 4. It's like you are some kind of super man! It's no wonder stuff is broken, if they all found out about each other :) T

Hey!! What you call stubby I call stealth.

i-J4ZWZ43-L.png

Archived