• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Looking towards the beginning of December

CoastalWx

Maybe that's why he chose me, there is a huge kite flying area down the street. Lots of colors and stringy things hanging off, even stops traffic on the expressway.

Haha glad I am being IP traced.

I do kiteboard, but it's a watersport. Been following this forum for a while because it is the best source for comprehensive weather forecasts. I am from Germany but live in Boston.

Regardless, today's snowfall would be a trace to a cm in Germany, but it would not qualify as a "geschlossene schneedecke" (fully covered ground). Well that's the official part, ski resorts tend to blow up he numbers. You have to admit, there is a tendency to exaggerate in this forum as well.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro really has potential with the wave behind it.

I may start a thread to outline that threat - not sure, might be better just handled here.

There is a rather robust early signal now for a +2.5 SD upward movement in the PNA index that is support among every CEF member that goes into the calculation at both the CDC and CPC... There are other details about the overall synoptic evolution that are intriguing for me.

The period of time betwee D7-14 carries an Archembault potential.

I do kiteboard, but it's a watersport. Been following this forum for a while because it is the best source for comprehensive weather forecasts. I am from Germany but live in Boston.

Regardless, today's snowfall would be a trace to a cm in Germany, but it would not qualify as a "geschlossene schneedecke" (fully covered ground). Well that's the official part, ski resorts tend to blow up he numbers. You have to admit, there is a tendency to exaggerate in this forum as well.

Well I measured without exaggerating on a flat surface, one of which is not even white with a high albedo. 2.54CM = 1" and it was more than 1CM.

you are kidding right. This is not fully covered ground?

I also measured about 0.7" (close to 2cm) to back up scooter's measurement, which I shouldn't have to do at all because he never inflates, but it barely accumulated on paved surfaces, and mostly only was on grassy and elevated stuff. Regardless it's a perfect snowy scene out there and we're still getting steady very light snow grains. This was a nice positive bust for MBY and looks like we might have one more batch of some steady stuff coming from ORH, we'll see if we change to ip or zr.

In all my 10 years of living here I think I've had ZR only once or twice so I expect it to probably stay light snow or IP..

Euro looks nice for d9-10. If you notice around h174-180 it seems to have the gradient slightly farther south than past runs.

I recently did a project on the PNA and going back to what Tip said, it seems as though its should trend positive. Hopefully it'll at least amplify the flow somewhat, and combined with the gradient pattern, hopefully New England can cash in between d9 and like d15.

That wave will definitely have some potential...the WC ridge is getting buffered with a trough behind it, so we'll have to see how that plays out and limits amplification potential. Long long ways out though.

Yeah the trough gets flattened, but I think all models have something near that time.

It's the op but this sure looks like some potential to me.

12zeuro500mbHeightAnomalyNH240.gif

you mean the warm up that would follow? As modeled, that isn't a good pattern going foward. Of course that all changes if the Pacific retrogrades a bit more....throwing lower heights into the Aleutians and higher heights over AK and then maybe the Miller B would turn into a 50/50 -NAO pattern?

Archived