• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Looking towards the beginning of December

CoastalWx

It's the op but this sure looks like some potential to me.

12zeuro500mbHeightAnomalyNH240.gif

If that Aleutian ridge upstream from the GOA low builds, that isn't too bad...its a gradient pattern if that happens...if the Aleutian ridge cannot build at all, then it could be more of a torch. There's also a pseudo block in the Hudson bay region from split that branches off north of the great lakes. ITs definitely a torch pattern for the south and prob southeast verbatim. But we could probably do OK in that. The key is keeping heigh enough heights up in the Bering straight.

Ensembles keep thing amplified enough. What we don't want is for that vortex to retrograde a bit northwest...that would be ugly.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If that Aleutian ridge upstream from the GOA low builds, that isn't too bad...its a gradient pattern if that happens...if the Aleutian ridge cannot build at all, then it could be more of a torch. There's also a pseudo block in the Hudson bay region from split that branches off north of the great lakes. ITs definitely a torch pattern for the south and prob southeast verbatim. But we could probably do OK in that. The key is keeping heigh enough heights up in the Bering straight.

Ensembles keep thing amplified enough. What we don't want is for that vortex to retrograde a bit northwest...that would be ugly.

Yes ideally we want the vortex to retro SW.

Steady snow, a cold dark winters day. Of course I realize it changes massively but my egocentric self says snow on 12/1 helps all of us...lol. Of course my reality self knows otherwise....

"A winter's day, in a deep and dark December...."

Quick thoughts because I have to run. Watch the weekend system trend perhaps cooler in the coming days while the day 10 system trends more suppressed, assuming the big players are being modeled correctly. Agree with tip about the heather signal here and potential this period holds between Dec 7-12. The Alaskan Low / RNA is very concerning down the road. Split vortex in strat has commenced and this brief -NAO period is being allowed because of it. I agree with the EURO to break it down quickly and not allow for a west based -NAO given the prediction of the strat tornado moving back toward Greenland.

For awhile the system that brought Kevin his 3+ and gave a lot of us flurries was modeled to be an inside runner. Gradually it slipped further SE.

It was snowing pre-dawn when I was up for a minute. That would make this the 4th time we've had snow here although with no accumulations. Still pretty cool for the "cape" this early.

HD, been two years now since I've been there. That lift line in the photo..is that where the new lift is?

No... that lift/line is the one called Minuteman. It is a high speed quad that services Ralph's, Challenger, etc.

The new lift is the Monadnock, on the left side of the mountain as you face it. It services the beginner areas like Indian Summer...

Here it is a few minutes ago

post-270-0-00327400-1354392657_thumb.jpg

Archived