Newest Member
    Toothache
Looking towards the beginning of December

CoastalWx

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly.

Yeah don't forget the cold afterwards causing pipes to burst. I lost power for about 2 dys after 12/7/03 when it looked like a microburst came through with combo of wind and 34 paste snow. The house dropped into the 30s, but luckily we got a generator and hooked up the furnace to it just in time.

They are very cool but not worth the power loss and tree damage IMO. A hurricane is worth dealing with the sh*t show afterwards. Rain falling for 24 hrs is not.

I dunno man.. Some folks on here as we know lived thru the one in 08 and also the monster one in 98. Just something I'd like to have happen IMBY..The snowstorm last year was awesome..This time maybe we can do it with ice. I know it's odd..and i don't wish harm to anyone or anything..but i just want one.. if that makes sense lol

Blizz using meteorology not modelology to forecast a colder system for the weekend w a -nao pushing gradient south. Scooter u don't see this being a wintry threat for coastal plain, just distant interior right now?

Well having it so far out means you can't rule anything out. Right now I'm just not seeing a strong wintry signal here along the coast at the moment. It doesn't mean something like the GFS op can't happen, I just don't really feel that right now. The boundary sagging south like Ray's boobs is interesting and why I can't rule anything out.

Well having it so far out means you can't rule anything out. Right now I'm just not seeing a strong wintry signal here along the coast at the moment. It doesn't mean something like the GFS op can't happen, I just don't really feel that right now. The boundary sagging south like Ray's boobs is interesting and why I can't rule anything out.

He def wears a Manzir

Id like to witness one and live where it happens. Hopefully it's here

I've been in two 1.5" ice storms with thunder freezing rain within the past 5-6 years, the ice storms actually occurred in the same year. If you don't lose power or have any big trees, they are something to experience. The alien looking landscape of shards of ice covered grass that crunches and sounds like glass as you walk across it is a unique experience. I'll gladly take that over the severe thunderstorms we often get.

Archived