Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Looking towards the beginning of December

CoastalWx

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JK Giuseppe, loving this weather, got tons done this morning outside. On another note, had the pleasure yesterday to be in the labs at work yesterday when the staff archeology brought in a very significant historical find from a dig site in RI. Very cool CSI type process of ID including Xrays. What was cool was it was discovered in a sediment layer dated around 1635, they think there was an historical flood which deposited the coins and artifacts. Some times my job can be very interesting.

JK Giuseppe, loving this weather, got tons done this morning outside. On another note, had the pleasure yesterday to be in the labs at work yesterday when the staff archeology brought in a very significant historical find from a dig site in RI. Very cool CSI type process of ID including Xrays. What was cool was it was discovered in a sediment layer dated around 1635, they think there was an historical flood which deposited the coins and artifacts. Some times my job can be very interesting.

of course I had the pleasure of telling them all about the 1635 hurricane. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Great_Colonial_Hurricane_of_1635_track.png

This is what to look for in the great winters. These sneaky powerful over performing cold shots that stick a dagger in a torch. This was supposed to be very mild 7 day period with one brief mild down. Now today and tomorrow a bit cooler than thought and Wed knives in an arctic shot.

I don't think that's true. It was never a week long torch. Most said a break.

the transition to +pna is well underway and the 11th event may in fact be the entrance scenario discussed in the other thread, but this run clearly has wave interference issues. not that anyone is but i wouldn't look any deeper into this run than a rip and read. it's not going to be worth it to do so -

the transition to +pna is well underway and the 11th event may in fact be the entrance scenario discussed in the other thread, but this run clearly has wave interference issues. not that anyone is but i wouldn't look any deeper into this run than a rip and read. it's not going to be worth it to do so -

Yeah, there is pretty solid teleconnector signal for a precip event here in that timeframe...and it looks like we will have some cold air around....any further details are fruitless at this range. This could be a snowstorm or it could track over BUF. I will say that the trough axis and high pressure position looks pretty darn classic for icing in the interior...almost striking image of ice storm climo....but those things can easily change as we get closer.

Way too far out to get nitpicky...agreed.

Thinking this is going to be a fantastic stretch for nne and ski country.

Yeah, looks like 12/8-9 could be a minor over running event for parts of NNE as well.

12/11 looks really good for this far out. We'll see.

It certainly looks like it will be our best shot up this way so far going forward

Archived