Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Approaching Thanksgiving and the Rest of November

moneypitmike

LOL

Don't let Dave rattle you Scott. We started taking Ben to the People's Pint in Greenfield when he was about 6 weeks old and never stopped and he's usually great in restaurants.

Just learn to recognize when baby is heading around the bend and that's when you jump up, take a walk, with beer in one hand junior in the other and let mom finish her meal. Trust me, the rest of your night will be much better for sacrificing the last few minutes of your meal. lol

Yeah I'm all about taking him away if he decided to be cranky in a restaurant. I'm not going to be that guy trying to calmly talk to my son while he's throwing marsala at the wall. People go out to enjoy a nice night out, not to hear a screaming child.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL

Don't let Dave rattle you Scott. We started taking Ben to the People's Pint in Greenfield when he was about 6 weeks old and never stopped and he's usually great in restaurants.

Just learn to recognize when baby is heading around the bend and that's when you jump up, take a walk, with beer in one hand junior in the other and let mom finish her meal. Trust me, the rest of your night will be much better for sacrificing the last few minutes of your meal. lol

Truth. My daughter was fine but her brother (3 yrs younger, now 2) is an absolute ****show in restaurants...we don't go out too much at this stage....Sorry OT but pretty slow this week

When I retire I'm moving to GC. Gotta stay in MA...pensions exempt from state tax.

i'm sure there are places in w'ma that average about 100 inches....but most in the boonies..peru/savoy standout. There are alot of elevated areas in the berks that average better than North conway area (80 inches) and prolly very close to par with 100-110 at 1k in glen,,bartlett, area.. once you get up to the extreme N new hampshire area is when i think snowfall is over 150 inches-200 inches. (first conn lake)

For Real snowfall in new england besides pittsburgh,nh area or NW maine boonies, i think some upslope areas of N greens could deliver 200+ (at say 1500 and up in select scatter'd areas N of 89).

If the GOA is oriented properly, it can pop a weak ridge in western Canada like the GEFS have...but you obviously rather just see a ridge. Food for thought in case that is the hand that's dealt.

any cooling in the central canada...lakes beyond day 10 on the euro? that blocky pattern looks hideous, too me. But could be alright for you guys though lol.

i'm sure there are places in w'ma that average about 100 inches....but most in the boonies..peru/savoy standout. There are alot of elevated areas in the berks that average better than North conway area (80 inches) and prolly very close to par with 100-110 at 1k in glen,,bartlett, area.. once you get up to the extreme N new hampshire area is when i think snowfall is over 150 inches-200 inches. (first conn lake)

For Real snowfall in new england besides pittsburgh,nh area or NW maine boonies, i think some upslope areas of N greens could deliver 200+ (at say 1500 and up in select scatter'd areas N of 89).

I don't think 100" of snow per year is a requirement for Jerry. He has stated in the past he would be ok with 60-80. Maybe he changed his mind.

Congrats and enjoy to anyone who has off today. Looks like a great one for outdoor work or play. Woe to us who do not (moi). I guess things aren't looking quite as promising as they were.

I can always guess what the models are(n't) showing when I come down in the morning and the one page of additional comments since I went to bed consists of parenting techniques (true that, Chris) and Jerry's relocation (In Shelburne Falls you do get the sidewalks you've indicated earlier are important. That said, the roads in GC aren't exactly trafficed, e.g., I go for a two mile walk in the mornings on the roads here during 'rush hours'. I typically amd passed by up to 3 cars).

Hopefully, the models will provide for more riveting conversation today. smile.png

I think the crest of the green mountains along Rte 9 in southern VT averages over 150". I've always liked that area for access to larger population centers in SNE. I think that area ranks up there with those areas you mentioned in far northern NE in terms of snowfall and retention.

In terms of NNE, a lot of people forget is that in a lot of places there are large population centers just north of the border - Sherbrooke, Quebec is a city of 75,000 just north of the CT Lakes.

Meanwhile, I'm clinging to a tiny trace from Thursday's snow.

Yeah I'm all about taking him away if he decided to be cranky in a restaurant. I'm not going to be that guy trying to calmly talk to my son while he's throwing marsala at the wall. People go out to enjoy a nice night out, not to hear a screaming child.

Had my 3 yr old projectile vomit in a restaurant Saturday night. Good times.

Likely zero for you....most likely zero for me, but a small chance it could snow int he elevated interior.

Its going be be nast nasty weather though. 30s and 40s for highs with NE flow.

It def seems like this will be the first below month for all the major stations........this being the last day of the torch, things look normal from here on out....

It really does feel like april out there, after 6 inches of snow...

It def seems like this will be the first below month for all the major stations........this being the last day of the torch, things look normal from here on out....

It really does feel like april out there, after 6 inches of snow...

Yeah I think it will be nearly impossible to wipe out the negative departures at most stations. BDR for instance had a pretty weak +5 yesterday and is still like -4.5 on the month...today will be more impressive but then we cool back down...there will even probably be some slight negative departures on a few days later this week.

We would need a big torch somewhere between next week and the week after to get positive on the month IMHO, and I just can't see it right now.

Yeah I think it will be nearly impossible to wipe out the negative departures at most stations. BDR for instance had a pretty weak +5 yesterday and is still like -4.5 on the month...today will be more impressive but then we cool back down...there will even probably be some slight negative departures on a few days later this week.

We would need a big torch somewhere between next week and the week after to get positive on the month IMHO, and I just can't see it right now.

It will be another weak departure here compared to inland locales with any wind off the water, almost a spring like setup, I think all 4 majors will be warmer than BDR today.

Yeah odds increasing by the day it seems to stay below normal in most if not all places.

Archived