EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Approaching Thanksgiving and the Rest of November

moneypitmike

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And yes I would much rather have rain and 37 then sun and 60 on Tday, warm holidays are just the absolute worst.......disgusting.

why? If it rains on Thanksgiving, then you're stuck in the house-I'd rather get out for a hike or walk and the kids can play out side. We'll be inside for most of winter as it is.

Not sure what the deal is, but a few spots are sitting here in the 50's (56/51 here attm). I suspect things will shoot up a few degrees in a sudden burst, but curious why the lag. The sun's been out so can't blame it on that.

Seems like your area and the CT Valley from N MA to S VT/NH is the last place to mix out today...the sun helps with that, but given how the sun angle has gotten quite low now, sunshine doesn't automatically mean mixing as it does in the summer.

Seems like your area and the CT Valley from N MA to S VT/NH is the last place to mix out today...the sun helps with that, but given how the sun angle has gotten quite low now, sunshine doesn't automatically mean mixing as it does in the summer.

Yeah the models showed the inversion taking its sweet time mixing out today. Funny to see IJD jump to 20C with BDL stuck at 17. This is the time of year to expect it though.

Torch:

post-475-0-90469700-1352748117_thumb.gif

That actually looks a bit below average for SNE...NE flow with 850 temps around 0C. Avg high for 11/22 is 50F at BOS and 45F at ORH...we'd be colder than that in that setup.

Middle of the country is torching for sure though. That has been a pattern advertised pretty well. NE stays seasonably cool while it torches in the central CONUS.

That actually looks a bit below average for SNE...NE flow with 850 temps around 0C. Avg high for 11/22 is 50F at BOS and 45F at ORH...we'd be colder than that in that setup.

Middle of the country is torching for sure though. That has been a pattern advertised pretty well. NE stays seasonably cool while it torches in the central CONUS.

Sure we'd be cooler but eventually some of that growing warmth in the country's mid-section is going to reach us. Not at all a pattern that looks persistently wintry. There's a weakness in the jet off the East Coast that is keeping us near normal, but it's not exactly an encouraging pattern with a +EPO/+NAO.

Funny to be reading that. I had taken a break and just now got back in from a walk out back. I noticed how long my shadow was and it was only 2:00. It's easy to forget how low the sun actually sits from now through the end of January.

Up to 58/51

Sure we'd be cooler but eventually some of that growing warmth in the country's mid-section is going to reach us. Not at all a pattern that looks persistently wintry. There's a weakness in the jet off the East Coast that is keeping us near normal, but it's not exactly an encouraging pattern with a +EPO/+NAO.

It may or may not reach us. Ensembles have kept it from reaching us and squash it south. Given it's 240 hours out just for that cutoff pattern depicted, speculating even further beyond that is all pretty fruitless using an OP run.

Archived