• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Approaching Thanksgiving and the Rest of November

moneypitmike

Let's see PF went from weather sucks for snowmaking to top to bottom 12 hr snowmaking in 7 days, now he turned into the great white Norths MPM with a QPF fetish, lock up a heavy upslope event before Nov is over.

lol well he said that last year how he'd rather have a above average temps and qpf then a dry cool winter. so he is consistent.

but as a skier i would disagree, they will make a ton of snow and 250+ is falling on mansfield no matter what. i hate mild rain storm in NNE, even if it's every other week, and the other storms are snow, that is one thing about last year and all it's suckiness, how many rain storms did stowe have i'd like to know since it opened till it closed last year, probably less than average. no cutters that i recall. just the torch of death in march , otherwise would have been damn good

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol well he said that last year how he'd rather have a above average temps and qpf then a dry cool winter. so he is consistent.

but as a skier i would disagree, they will make a ton of snow and 250+ is falling on mansfield no matter what. i hate mild rain storm in NNE, even if it's every other week, and the other storms are snow, that is one thing about last year and all it's suckiness, how many rain storms did stowe have i'd like to know since it opened till it closed last year, probably less than average. no cutters that i recall. just the torch of death in march , otherwise would have been damn good

Pickles you will like this, even in epic years like 95/96 Mansfield only had 6-8 inches at the stake as late as Dec 1 http://www.uvm.edu/skivt-l/?Page=mansel.php3

i wonder if the LES machine will crank up this year for NYS folks. . . what an epic dis as tah last years LES season was ...esp tug hill . hope they get dumped on repeatedly

Hopefully there will be a few periods of strong blocking allowing a low to sit or retrograde into Quebec for several days. That is a pattern that often leads to epic snowfalls east of Lake Ontario. The last such lake effect event was February 2007 and January 2004 before that.

I haven't really had a great deal of time to look at models lately with work and all but took some time to look at 12z/18z runs today...have the models been similar over the past few days with regards to the upper-air pattern early next week? I know there was coastal storm talk but if models have been consistent with the UA pattern early next week the chances for any coastal storm would seem quite low.

Archived