CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Approaching Thanksgiving and the Rest of November

moneypitmike

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hopefully Ryan gets to do some liveshots outdoors showing folks basking in the warmth on Turkey Day...or maybe he gets to talk with shoppers going out on Black Friday wearing shorts and talking about the mild conditions.

It will be nice when Kevin can play lawn jarts with the family. Good, family, fun.

What a bunch of weenies. The models hinted at the chance of a mild break before December. Better off waiting until then.

It isn't even that mild anyway...maybe a day or two where its like 50F. I think the 11/7-8 snow really spoiled some of us..esp since how cold it was too. We cannot realistically expect highs in the 30s every day after mid November...that is simply just too early for climo.

In fact, some days have their record low maximum temperatures not much below 30F at 1,000 foot ORH airport...here's the list of record low maximums over the next week starting this weekend:

11/18: 28F (1959)

11/19: 29F (2008)

11/20: 23F (1951)

11/21: 28F (1987)

11/22: 24F (2008)

11/23: 22F (1989)

11/24: 26F (2000)

It isn't even that mild anyway...maybe a day or two where its like 50F. I think the 11/7-8 snow really spoiled some of us..esp since how cold it was too. We cannot realistically expect highs in the 30s every day after mid November...that is simply just too early for climo.

In fact, some days have their record low maximum temperatures not much below 30F at 1,000 foot ORH airport...here's the list of record low maximums over the next week starting this weekend:

11/18: 28F (1959)

11/19: 29F (2008)

11/20: 23F (1951)

11/21: 28F (1987)

11/22: 24F (2008)

11/23: 22F (1989)

11/24: 26F (2000)

That's the thing, it's like 20s are expected. LOL at 1989.

It probably will still come in some shape or form. That's still a pretty good looking omega shaped ridge over the Aleutians in the long range. Maybe it waxes and wanes as we see many times in December...but the overall signature is still there.

Instead of people getting antsy, why not just wait until we get inside day 10. Models can show whatever they want now, but lets get this inside hr 240.

he loves warm sunny weather. this is like march when the coast and BOS and ORH stay in the low/mid 40s and BDL hits like 47 or 48. he lives for that stuff. perfect pattern for him.

With the new truck, he can go to Home Depot and pick out plants for his mulch bed and maybe a few yards of loam to spread.

I hated it, besides the Dec 15th storm, which screwed coastal areas after negative numbers that week,it was brutal Arctic cold, dry and as windy as all hell. Still I believe coldest Dec country wide ever.

i loved it. not knowing it was going to flip to a godawful second half, i thought it was the start of a coming ice age or something. we were ice skating by early Dec. it was unrelenting.

It probably will still come in some shape or form. That's still a pretty good looking omega shaped ridge over the Aleutians in the long range. Maybe it waxes and wanes as we see many times in December...but the overall signature is still there.

Instead of people getting antsy, why not just wait until we get inside day 10. Models can show whatever they want now, but lets get this inside hr 240.

Yeah it reminds me of 2010 when everyone was trying to bring the cold and snow in by T-day, but we kept saying wait until December...we ended up getting a

This looks pretty similar actually. People might recall we had a lakes cutter on 12/1/10. It finally got cold after that and we missed out on a chance or two before another lakes cutter on 12/13/10...then it settled into cold and faovrable pattern for the next 2 weeks...we got that storm that backed into the Cape on 12/22 and then of course Boxing Day.

I doubt we end up with a mega-NAO block again liek that December, but we don't need one to have chances or be seasonably cold. That block just allowed the far SE US to be cold.

i loved it. not knowing it was going to flip to a godawful second half, i thought it was the start of a coming ice age or something. we were ice skating by early Dec. it was unrelenting.

I was working outside near the Thames river in NL while you were chasing skirts on ice. Brutal, a smidgen of icy ground cover and wind chills near 0 for days and days. I know the interior had a decent storm on the 15th with 6-12 but we pretty much sat under the vortex of death. When the pattern flipped right after Christmas it was agonizing, probably the first time I used the term wasted cold.

Archived