CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Approaching Thanksgiving and the Rest of November

moneypitmike

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well we'll see what the euro does. It did shift east a bit overnight. I figure maybe SE MA could feel some effects, but it's early to really say one way or another....or at least wait until the euro comes out.

Well, Just another 9 days of runs before we can start hopping on hr 324 on the GFS..............axesmiley.png

Mass Recycle. Last year she won recycler of the year this year she won the school system award for starting commercial composting at three of the Franklin County school districts. She's busts her azz. I guess that's why I'm the part time stay at home parent right now. Clearly mom has it goin' on. lol.

I do some work with Mass Recycle, I am a contracted vendor with the DEP for the (PAYT) program, I don't do Greenfield's bags though

Well to some it is a big deal, It could lead to winter cancel..............Better state i am j/k

I like a storm regardless so even a cold rain is a win for me. With the dumbelling s/w's...it's still one to watch for the Cape..maybe even ern areas. Obviously you keep your impacts in check...but the low is massive spacial wise.

Pretty boring again if this storm misses. Might be 10+ more days before anything as it looks quiet for at least several days after the storm system misses southeast.

It was a snoozer of a pattern aside from this storm, so yeah it will be noose time for the poor folks in the nrn Green mountains.

GFS is really insistent on PAC air flooding into the Central and eventually Eastern US by around the 20th-21st of the month. Makes sense given the pattern orientation as the eastern us troughing lifts out and a big vortex swings into the Northeast Pac. I would assume this will be shuffled out rather quickly if all goes as planned with the Aluetian ridge and building heights over Greenland...could be faster or slower depending on how west based the ridging actually gets in the long term.

http://www.meteo.psu.edu/~fxg1/AVN_12z/f174.gif

GFS is really insistent on PAC air flooding into the Central and eventually Eastern US by around the 20th-21st of the month. Makes sense given the pattern orientation as the eastern us troughing lifts out and a big vortex swings into the Northeast Pac. I would assume this will be shuffled out rather quickly if all goes as planned with the Aluetian ridge and building heights over Greenland...could be faster or slower depending on how west based the ridging actually gets in the long term.

http://www.meteo.psu...VN_12z/f174.gif

The ensembles also hint at maybe a brief warm up after Thanksgiving.

The GEFS also have a very zonal flow unlike the EC ensembles. So it gets colder air in here, but you run the risk of walking the line to milder wx. I still think it's wise to wait more until we get into December...even if we did cool off during the final week of November. I don't think we go right into a favorable pattern that quick.

Enter media hype:

http://usnews.nbcnew...day-travel?lite

Every storm that comes up the coast is going to give the news media Sandy flashbacks from now until infinity.

...As has been the case with the last several storms near the East Coast, the computer forecast models have been showing a range of possible outcomes for this system, which will develop this weekend and reach its peak intensity during the first half of next week -- just as millions of Americans hit the road or the airport for Thanksgiving.

Millions, and millions fleeing the oncoming storm, avoiding DEATH, but hopeful. ... Hopeful for left over turkey & cranberry sandwiches while watching the Pats vs. Jets game on Thanksgiving night.

Archived