12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Approaching Thanksgiving and the Rest of November

moneypitmike

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its nice to see the euro op close off quite a nor'easter for the third run in a row , leading to a tanking nao and arrival of the real cold air by day 10...but the ensembles did take a step back on that idea from where they trended yesterday at 12z. The euro op is probably too aggressive with things, particularly with bringng in the cold air by day 10. the ensembles do get the NAO to where it needs to be heading into the 11-15 day, but holds off on the real cold air until we get closer to Dec 1st.I would think that is a better idea, but we'll see. Three runs in a row on the op is nothing to sneeze at I suppose

Its nice to see the euro op close off quite a nor'easter for the third run in a row , leading to a tanking nao and arrival of the real cold air by day 10...but the ensembles did take a step back on that idea from where they trended yesterday at 12z. The euro op is probably too aggressive with things, particularly with bringng in the cold air by day 10. the ensembles do get the NAO to where it needs to be heading into the 11-15 day, but holds off on the real cold air until we get closer to Dec 1st.I would think that is a better idea, but we'll see. Three runs in a row on the op is nothing to sneeze at I suppose

Probably part of that shuffle we spoke about the other day too. I'm holding out more until early December for anything notable, but that doesn't mean it can't come in a few days earlier.

Also if you look at the H5 pattern and then look at temps in the lower levels, it isn't that chilly yet. Basically, just because the pattern is in place as modeled....doesn't mean the colder air is instantly there. It comes in stages. Perhaps the models adjust the lower levels as we get closer, but that is usually how it works. It comes in successive steps.

Probably part of that shuffle we spoke about the other day too. I'm holding out more until early December for anything notable, but that doesn't mean it can't come in a few days earlier.

Yup no doubt about it, I could definitely see it coming in during the final week/days of novy.. I just think day 10/thanksgiving weekend is too soon.

Also if you look at the H5 pattern and then look at temps in the lower levels, it isn't that chilly yet. Basically, just because the pattern is in place as modeled....doesn't mean the colder air is instantly there. It comes in stages. Perhaps the models adjust the lower levels as we get closer, but that is usually how it works. It comes in successive steps.

yeah that is definitely true also. i was looking at the 850s on the euro by the end of the run, which were the most aggressive/cold versus rest of the guidance...but even the surface temp depiction is not overly cold/below average with that air mass (taken verbatim)

yeah that is definitely true also. i was looking at the 850s on the euro by the end of the run, which were the most aggressive/cold versus rest of the guidance...but even the surface temp depiction is not overly cold/below average with that air mass (taken verbatim)

Yeah maybe it does cool as we get closer, but just going by what I remember when we get these so called pattern changes. You can see on the ensembles how the colder air noted by the thicknesses gradually oozes SE.

One thing that does stick out with the Euro Ens is that the biggest spread on 850 temps is south and east indicating at least some members agree with the Op on a faster deeper evolution. it all comes down to whether the OP is correct in closing off a potent 520ish ULL.

good news is we are basically 2 weeks away from flipping the calendar to DEC. from that point forward snow events become much less fluky and reliant on the heavens aligning just right and instead more supported by climo for this part of the country. can also start to consider holding snow on the ground instead of just getting a couple of inches and basically being guaranteed it's gone in 24 hours.

And it could be the smoothed out mean perhaps not quite getting the magnitude of the colder air too. A few things perhaps going on....but to be honest...I don't care about the surface temps as much as looking at the H5 pattern. If the pattern is favorable...that's good enough for me.

And it could be the smoothed out mean perhaps not quite getting the magnitude of the colder air too. A few things perhaps going on....but to be honest...I don't care about the surface temps as much as looking at the H5 pattern. If the pattern is favorable...that's good enough for me.

Oh yeah with the ensembles I definitely agree scott. Though mind you I was referring to the euro op run at day 10 from last night in my previous post.

Oh yeah with the ensembles I definitely agree scott. Though mind you I was referring to the euro op run at day 10 from last night in my previous post.

Oh I was just continuing with the thought process by adding one more point and happened to quote your previous post, but agree with what you said.

Archived