joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Approaching Thanksgiving and the Rest of November

moneypitmike

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro and ensembles OTS for now. We'll see if it comes back, GFS still hints at it.

Signs also that cross polar flow gets established and Canada gets cold. Trough begins to develop in the east as well late in the period. I think that may bode well for the beginning of December.

I do think some of it may hinge on tropical convection so we'll have to see how that goes. Signs aren't coherent there.

Theres some interesting trends today Im noticing for the 9-11 day period. Both the GFS & Euro ensembles showing a strong HP in SE Canada with a small trough across the east. I guess some pro mets can chime in. Im not sure about this type of pattern, but even the OP GFS at day 9-10 is showing CAD. Could be interesting for interior NE if we can get a wave to dig. It looks like one of those odd patterns where the AO is so positive it forced high pressure around SE canada. The cold would probably be in the stale variety but if we can get a shortwave to dig it might be able to keep areas cold enough.

post-8091-0-18226200-1352601843_thumb.jp

post-8091-0-00262700-1352601850_thumb.jp

Sorry, but it's just something I've noticed. It's Heisenberg. Walt named himself after the early 1900s nobel prize winning theoretical physicist renowned for his work on Quantum Mechanics and the development of the "Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle." At least you have excellent taste in television. :P

Sorry, but it's just something I've noticed. It's Heisenberg. Walt named himself after the early 1900s nobel prize winning theoretical physicist renowned for his work on Quantum Mechanics and the development of the "Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle." At least you have excellent taste in television. tongue.png

Best show out there.

Thank you veterans!

Feeling good about thanksgiving onward.

Even applying the typical model speed bias, I think signs point to more colder air so we'll see. If the euro ensembles are right then it will happen, but we have to be aware of any over amplification of the ridge. Looking at the long range global signals, I think it does support a strong ridge and a possible slight shift east... But this is speculation.

Absolutely amazing out there! Off to the playground. 51F now, near 60 by kickoff. Heavy heavy game watching today.

Upper 60s Monday, final big grill blast awaits. I try to keep grilling unless the snow is too deep or it is too cold to cook...but this might be the last real warmup for a while (I hope)

Absolutely amazing out there! Off to the playground. 51F now, near 60 by kickoff. Heavy heavy game watching today.

Upper 60s Monday, final big grill blast awaits. I try to keep grilling unless the snow is too deep or it is too cold to cook...but this might be the last real warmup for a while (I hope)

Yeah I don't mind these milder days at all right now. I mean I don't like a torch November, but some mild days are nice. It ain't snowing so might as well get it over with now. Besides, it's not like you and I had a snowpack lol.

Euro esnembles are really not that warm for NE at all after this torch the next few days. The central CONUS gets pretty mild over the next 10-12 days, but NE stays pretty seasonal and even gets chilly by the end of the Euro ensembles...will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Sorry, but it's just something I've noticed. It's Heisenberg. Walt named himself after the early 1900s nobel prize winning theoretical physicist renowned for his work on Quantum Mechanics and the development of the "Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle." At least you have excellent taste in television. tongue.png

I believe I tried that during sign-up but it was taken, I did realize that trust me I am a groupy for the show ;)

Nice..Just like this past storm..It will trend colder and drier.

Monday let's all just draw the shades, stay inside and re-enter the world on Tuesday night.

Man you've come full circle since the summer...a couple months ago you'd be having everyone open windows and posting BDL high temps. Now we are hiding from nice weather ;)

Beautiful wx to get out and skin up the mountain for some spring like turns. Man made snow is like 3-5 feet of concrete on the ski runs so that's not going anywhere...that snow is in it to win it now, melting in April or May (or if 2012, in 80F March wx).

I never thought torch for November, but I thought at least a little above when the month started. I think we have a fairly healthy chance of near or below now.

Yeah I thought we would torch harder after the first week...but aside form these next couple days, the pattern is actually pretty seasonable for us while the central CONUS torches. We may see some even below avg wx after T-day as well to close out the month, but that is a ways out.

That Quebec high is always tough for us to torch on.

Yeah I thought we would torch harder after the first week...but aside form these next couple days, the pattern is actually pretty seasonable for us while the central CONUS torches. We may see some even below avg wx after T-day as well to close out the month, but that is a ways out.

That feature certainly has been notable on the models.

Bingo! How many times have we snowed and 19 down to the S Coast while DCA is 57 in mid winter with this feature? Latitude helps immensely.

How can you not like the fact that torches are underperforming and cold shots over. Keep hope alive folks.

A few weeks ago, 58F felt coolish out...now it feels like 80F today after a week of well below average temps.

Tomorrow is going to feel like the 4th of July.

Gotta keep in mind that climo for the 850 0C line doesn't reach BOS-ORH line until the last couple of days of November.

Archived