joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Approaching Thanksgiving and the Rest of November

moneypitmike

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The system is the only interesting looking threat in the next 10-14 days. Cold air will be extremely marginal...we won't have a big below average airmass is place oike before this last system. That one hung on much better than models wanted to give it credit for. This next time that won't be the case....we'll still have an outside shot at snow in the interior though because 2 weeks of climo means we won't need a -12 airmass the day before the storm...but it might not be enough anyway, assuming the storm even happens.

The Aleutian ridge continues to build late in the ensemble run which should help us out down the road for a colder look to the CONUS provided we don't have a totally hostile Atlantic.

Scooter I'm referring to texts

It will probably be until near December at the earliest for anything worth while. Aside from whatever happens near T-Day, November and that pattern are sort of meh. However like I said, it may improve heading into December if we can get the ridge to improve and the Atlantic a little less hostile as Will alluded too

Scooter extra moody today. Head cold finally got to him

LOL, why would you say that? Just saying how it is. Hope for your T-Day storm, that one has legs, but I think it will be one of the few we have over the next 2 weeks. With any luck this next swing in wind anomalies will signify a big pig Aleutian ridge and we cool off heading into December. I can buy that, but aside from any pre T-Day storn, just rather mundane.

LOL, why would you say that? Just saying how it is. Hope for your T-Day storm, that one has legs, but I think it will be one of the few we have over the next 2 weeks. With any luck this next swing in wind anomalies will signify a big pig Aleutian ridge and we cool off heading into December. I can buy that, but aside from any pre T-Day storn, just rather mundane.

Dude whats up with this guy. I mean come on

Yeah, I was thinking I might need to do a fina mowing in some parts of the yard

My little bit of snow is still around in the meantime (in the back and side yards...more shaded)

Just did a final cleanup, but I really dont think it will be the last mow! Anyhow winterguard going down on all properties on Monday, I am certain I will be cutting until the end of the month. Just broke down my front garden, hysterical I still have a couple annuals and a day lily, and sweet william blooming on Nov 10th after a frigid week. Halloween tonight here, one big party everyone is really stoked! Goodbye snow hello sun and fun

I was just going to say the same thing. Almost makes me want to fast forward to April.

Very tempting indeed! The snow really got me in the mood for more though, today totally reminds me of last winter exact same feel to it. I wish we could get a nice snow every few days with days like this in between. Glorious.

my normal is 54/36 , last night made it to 31, will need to make 59 for a normal day, currently 49 and getting cloudy, might be tough.

bright beautiful sunshine here as far as the eye can see! Only feels so crazy warm because its been so damn COLD!!! Everything is relative.

Maybe, but that pattern is still meh for November. December, maybe a little better.

I agree that the configuration of the height anomalies across the Northern Hemisphere are not the best that they could be to deliver cold and snow into the east on that particular frame, but it certainly is not the worst. There is no monster PV that is preventing any ridging from reaching the DS and Greenland on the GEFS in the longer range, and most importantly, the NAO is by no means positive towards the end of the GEFS in the Thanksgiving and beyond timeframe. While the height anomalies by the DS and Greenland towards the end of the GEFS run are not particualrly impressive, it can be expected with a smoothed out mean in the longer range that the height anomalies become less anomalous.

Just did a final cleanup, but I really dont think it will be the last mow! Anyhow winterguard going down on all properties on Monday, I am certain I will be cutting until the end of the month. Just broke down my front garden, hysterical I still have a couple annuals and a day lily, and sweet william blooming on Nov 10th after a frigid week. Halloween tonight here, one big party everyone is really stoked! Goodbye snow hello sun and fun

Is there still snowcover down on the coast or did it all melt?

Archived