joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Approaching Thanksgiving and the Rest of November

moneypitmike

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that the configuration of the height anomalies across the Northern Hemisphere are not the best that they could be to deliver cold and snow into the east on that particular frame, but it certainly is not the worst. There is no monster PV that is preventing any ridging from reaching the DS and Greenland on the GEFS in the longer range, and most importantly, the NAO is by no means positive towards the end of the GEFS in the Thanksgiving and beyond timeframe. While the height anomalies by the DS and Greenland towards the end of the GEFS run are not particualrly impressive, it can be expected with a smoothed out mean in the longer range that the height anomalies become less anomalous.

Nope not the worst, but the pattern is meh. We want Canada to get some snowpack so the colder air isn't modified. Zonal flow won't really cut it, but down the road...if that ridge is modeled properly, it could help us out heading into December.

Yeah..but the mini van has 148k on it..So we're gonna need to be getting a new one over the next year or so.

I love the RAM..but the gas mileage leaves a little bit to be desired lol

get a subaru outback...great in the snow, lots of space, around 32 mpg. my dad loves his. I also love my WRX, but that's much much less of a family car lol

I kind of like having the snow in the back..It was like a blizzard when I was driving Thursday morning.

I got the sprayed in bedliner

:weenie: Makes family trips, long trips easier, put all the stuff in the back tools etc. Enjoy . everyone busts my balls about gas mileage but who is the first one they call when they need something moved or supplies from the Hardware stores?

thats all we need

THURSDAY INTO THE WEEKEND...

FORECASTING WITH THE MORE CONSISTENT ECMWF...WILL KEEP COOLER AND

DRIER HIGH PRES IN CONTROL. EXPECTING MOSTLY CLEAR CONDITIONS OTHER

THAN PERHAPS A REINFORCING WEAK COLD FRNT FRIDAY INTO FRIDAY NIGHT

WITH ATTENDANT MID-UPR LVL CLOUDS. THERE ARE SOME LONG-TERM

PREDICTIONS OF A SHIFTING NAO BACK TO A NEGATIVE PHASE...AND THERE

ARE SUBTLE HINTS PER THE ECMWF OF A TROPICAL WAVE PSBLY INTERACTING

WITH A POSITIVELY TILTED TROUGH ACROSS THE CENTRAL CONUS. THIS WILL

BEAR WATCHIN

And oh..someone got a new vehicle a month ago..whistle.gif

IMG_0528.jpg

Nice!!

I have wanted a pickup for 30 years but never bought one. I intend to walk into a dealer with cash on the barrelhead and tell them the price I will pay the day I retire. I have 2 check points.....one the year my daughter graduates HS (2018...I'll be age 71 the good lord willing..), and next 2022...me 75. If my good health holds, I'll start peeling off my extra jobs within the organization (leadership on some important national initiatives to drive policy) and go down to a regular 40 your week within the next few years. But under no circumstances will I work beyond 5/31/22.

So Kevin, can I bring you to help me negotiate?

Now onto the wx.

I am growing more optimistic by the day of a rockem sockem winter en route. Many good signs not the least of which is the GOAK/AK/Aleutians so different vs last year. Gradient winter incoming? Hello 1993-94? Could happen.

So we had a nice cold plunge back ended by accumulating snow for most of SNE this week. That is a great sign folks. It's November, not October. Worlds of difference for the Boston area in terms of snow for winter when we get measurable in October vs November.

My cousins in Princeton, NJ got 4 inches of snow this week. We'll be heading there for Thanksgiving this year and returning Saturday of Thanksgiving Weekend. I expect that the pattern looking forward from there will be nice.

Alot to look forward to....particularly (for me) 12/12/12. Coincidence but it is the anniversary of one of the fabulous blizzards of my lieftime 52 years earlier. And this year....my very first ss check gets deposited into my account....while I'm still working. The big reward for living long enough in good health. I have a hard time saying it but thank you Ronald Reagan. During his administration they took away the earnings cap of those reaching full social security age.

So after a full night's sleep, I am once again finding myself along with all of you on the threshold of another winter.....the delicious time when it's all ahead of us.

Keep hope alive homies!

Dealer invoice +$500 is my strategy

That's usually too much. Most of the time there are unpublicized incentives back to the dealer. Edmunds forums (and if not the main site usually has the going rates in each market) usually has the details. Invoice is a great place to start minus a portion of the incentives from the manufacturer and then whatever the manufacturers finance arm is throwing. I don't go dealer to dealer, I just tell the dealer that has the vehicle I want what I want to pay and it's usually close to what we settle on. The 2 hours it takes end to end to pick the color and close the deal - they can move on to the next guy without having to go back and forth. A buddy of mine just paid $1500 under invoice for one of the more popular SUVs and the dealer still made money with all the incentives.

That's usually too much. Most of the time there are unpublicized incentives back to the dealer. Edmunds forums (and if not the main site usually has the going rates in each market) usually has the details. Invoice is a great place to start minus a portion of the incentives from the manufacturer and then whatever the manufacturers finance arm is throwing. I don't go dealer to dealer, I just tell the dealer that has the vehicle I want what I want to pay and it's usually close to what we settle on. The 2 hours it takes end to end to pick the color and close the deal - they can move on to the next guy without having to go back and forth. A buddy of mine just paid $1500 under invoice for one of the more popular SUVs and the dealer still made money with all the incentives.

Good point....my last car I bought the dealer actually went over his incentives (wasn't much). Edmunds is good.

Good point....my last car I bought the dealer actually went over his incentives (wasn't much). Edmunds is good.

Not to go OT but if you check the forums they have..usually some great information. http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX/.ef17997/

Most dealers will give you a great price if you lay it out on the table and tell them what you know and what you're willing to pay. Most dealers will take a little profit quickly if you're in and out the door. The salespeople usually only make 100-200 off the car anyway so the faster you are the better it is for them.

Archived