joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Approaching Thanksgiving and the Rest of November

moneypitmike

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cycloneslurpie isn't going to like this...but i always get the post storm blues. need something damaging to track again.

Yeah it definitely feels depressing after that storm knowing we have to wait a while again. It will become easier to wait though if that storm near D10 starts to become more realistic looking inside of D7...at least give us something to track that is not a total fantasy.

At least the ensemble support is decent. Too bad the cold air supply is not.

i get the feeling folks won't be happy unless there's a millennium storm, where it's like the highest tide in 10,234.74 years, a Sandy scenario involving a -5SD trough capturing a Category 5 hurricane, and a rupture of the Canary Island fault that sends off a 1,000' high tsunamis across the Atlantic Basin, a once in a 10,000,000 year solar flare, a Cosmic Ray Burster, an asteroid impact, and a black hole colliding with the sun all hitting at the precise quantum moment in time.

i get the feeling folks won't be happy unless there's a millennium storm, where it's like the highest tide in 10,234.74 years, a Sandy scenario involving a -5SD trough capturing a Category 5 hurricane, and a rupture of the Canary Island fault that sends off a 1,000' high tsunamis across the Atlantic Basin, a once in a 10,000,000 year solar flare, a Cosmic Ray Burster, an asteroid impact, and a black hole colliding with the sun all hitting at the precise quantum moment in time.

it is 2012 Tippy

I mean that would be ideal. :P

Yeah I saw that. Pretty interesting.

it's mostly for educational stuff - but... there's something about this year. Perhaps there's a underlying phase-potential study that can fall out of this, like a new index, that determined by stream frequencies/wave numbers where an interference (constructive or destructive) tendency is derived.

Some years it really is pulling teeth to get anything harmonious in the atmosphere. Not so far this year, the chorus' songs are making angels weep.

it is 2012 Tippy

ah haha - right.

i mean ... we had a once in 200 or whatever year tropical deal on the MA followed not a week later by a snow storm. shist, if we didn't get another anything until Christmas it might be too soon given climo odds for event frequency.

Although - hmmm. I think Will mentioned how there had been a stark lack of interesting events ever since the 60" in 45 days of 2010

Haha seriously though, that is a good catch and a very interesting anomaly there, given what we've been through already....I dont even wanna let my mind wander back there man

Like you...I can't possibly fathom another coastal storm. It may very well be nothing, but it would be funny to get something other than your average low.

And if it's on the winter solstice ;)

Euro ensembles seem to have the threat more for the Wednesday before Thanksgiving....obviously a lot can change though between now and then. They have an overall warm pattern for the CONUS though near the end of the run, while it is still mild in the CONUS, it has developed some cross polar flow north of the Bering Straight and that could lead to a much colder pattern for December...but it will be dependent on how poleward the ridging is.

Euro ensembles seem to have the threat more for the Wednesday before Thanksgiving....obviously a lot can change though between now and then. They have an overall warm pattern for the CONUS though near the end of the run, while it is still mild in the CONUS, it has developed some cross polar flow north of the Bering Straight and that could lead to a much colder pattern for December...but it will be dependent on how poleward the ridging is.

The 18z GEFS seem to have a general pattern of trough off west coast and east coast and ridge in the central. Do the euro ensembles look something like this?

Archived