• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Approaching Thanksgiving and the Rest of November

moneypitmike

Nope not the worst, but the pattern is meh. We want Canada to get some snowpack so the colder air isn't modified. Zonal flow won't really cut it, but down the road...if that ridge is modeled properly, it could help us out heading into December.

Canada looks like it's doing pretty well with regard to the 1995-2009 average. Looks above normal to near normal for most of Canada on the Robert Hart snow maps:

nhmap.png

Looking a lot better than 2011 as well.

18329_510489975636234_1602250157_n.jpg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Canada looks like it's doing pretty well with regard to the 1995-2009 average. Looks above normal to near normal for most of Canada on the Robert Hart snow maps:

nhmap.png

Looking a lot better than 2011 as well.

18329_510489975636234_1602250157_n.jpg

Yes, but 850 temps will allow for some melting in srn Canadam going forward. It's a zonal pattern...zonal PAC flow patterns aren't great for the CONUS in general. I think you are confused, I'm not talking about December, I am referring to the next 2 weeks or so..possible 3 if models are too quick to change things. There are some signs heading into December that it tries to cool at our latitude.

Not to go OT but if you check the forums they have..usually some great information. http://townhall-talk.../WebX/.ef17997/

Most dealers will give you a great price if you lay it out on the table and tell them what you know and what you're willing to pay. Most dealers will take a little profit quickly if you're in and out the door. The salespeople usually only make 100-200 off the car anyway so the faster you are the better it is for them.

Yeah that's true too.

That's usually too much. Most of the time there are unpublicized incentives back to the dealer. Edmunds forums (and if not the main site usually has the going rates in each market) usually has the details. Invoice is a great place to start minus a portion of the incentives from the manufacturer and then whatever the manufacturers finance arm is throwing. I don't go dealer to dealer, I just tell the dealer that has the vehicle I want what I want to pay and it's usually close to what we settle on. The 2 hours it takes end to end to pick the color and close the deal - they can move on to the next guy without having to go back and forth. A buddy of mine just paid $1500 under invoice for one of the more popular SUVs and the dealer still made money with all the incentives.

Does Edmunds give you an idea of what the kick backs are to the dealer? Just want to know for next time.

Yes, but 850 temps will allow for some melting in srn Canadam going forward. It's a zonal pattern...zonal PAC flow patterns aren't great for the CONUS in general. I think you are confused, I'm not talking about December, I am referring to the next 2 weeks or so..possible 3 if models are too quick to change things. There are some signs heading into December that it tries to cool at our latitude.

Thank you for the clarification.

Finally having halloween here today

Same here Tim! I literally have 5 cords of free wood so far, chopping it by hand during my free time, so theraputic. Just opened a sam adams winter lager that had been sitting in my snowbank for the last couple days, great batch this year!

Happy Halloweenie:)

The 12z ECM looks absolutely horrific at the end of the run with a 498dm vortex near Labrador associated with a massive +NAO that isn't letting any cold air sink south due to fast flow. The main PV is over Siberia with -30C 850s.

I think there is some chance that the enormous ridge in parts of ak can push poleward.

12zeuro500mbHeightAnomalyNH240.gif

You can also see how the little block in northeast Greenland could posh that 498 vortex south.

I think if you animate there is some chance that the enormous ridge in parts of ak can push poleward.

There's definitely a positive anomaly over AK developing towards the end of the run, but the GOA trough and strong +NAO really erodes the chances of cold moving into the CONUS. Just an ugly ugly picture all the way up into Central Quebec although I think the AK block could become more of a player. The 12z GEFS also show a more favorable NAO.

There's definitely a positive anomaly over AK developing towards the end of the run, but the GOA trough and strong +NAO really erodes the chances of cold moving into the CONUS. Just an ugly ugly picture all the way up into Central Quebec although I think the AK block could become more of a player. The 12z GEFS also show a more favorable NAO.

I modified my post to reflect more coherent thinking. It's bad as a snapshot but evolutionarily ok to me.

Same here Tim! I literally have 5 cords of free wood so far, chopping it by hand during my free time, so theraputic. Just opened a sam adams winter lager that had been sitting in my snowbank for the last couple days, great batch this year!

Happy Halloweenie:)

Took a drive down your way today--wow. What a mess. You can see where the salt water line was by the dead grass/green grass line. Saw a large group of mormons volunteering cleanouts etc. Walked around Penfield Pavilion-right side (looking up from the beach) looks ok--left side-defintely some major structural damage.

Some signs on the models continue to show the ridge building and perhaps a weakening of the PAC jet very late Novie and heading into December. I think patience will be needed....yes weenies....patience as this tries to cool slowly. It's also interesting lower height anomalies continue to hang off the SE coast, similar to the week 3 weeklies.

Some signs on the models continue to show the ridge building and perhaps a weakening of the PAC jet very late Novie and heading into December. I think patience will be needed....yes weenies....patience as this tries to cool slowly. It's also interesting lower height anomalies continue to hang off the SE coast, similar to the week 3 weeklies.

just call the doctor if your patience lasts over 4 hours!

Archived