Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
November obs and banter

Ian

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IN the long range look at the ensembles as no model gets it right all the time. Lot of them have been saying this might not be a good storm. That's why we offer possible scenarios without trying to make deterministic forecasts at a time range when it is not really possible. I'm kind of glad the Euro failed as it is not as superior to the other models as some like to claim.

Gotcha. When you say "long range," are you talking outside of three or four days?

Where are you going to fish in SC? I've always wanted to try Lake Marion but would be afraid of sinking my boat on a cypress knee.

In-laws live on Hilton Head, so I fish the tidal creeks and marshes around there in my kayak. The redfish, and especially speckeled trout, are really hot around Thanksgiving. The flounder are hot and cold, because depending on the water temps they may have started moving into the deeper waters off shore by then. The cold of 2009-2010 and 2010-2011 caused a big trout kill, so their numbers were way down. They've started to make a comeback in the last year - the torch last winter really helped. I haven't done much fresh water fishing down there, other than catching little largemouths in some of the lagoons in the neighborhood. There's just so much great salt water fishing that it's not necessary to go find the fresh water fishing. Lake Marion is supposed to be fantastic, though.

I also play golf when I'm down there at a course right around the corner from the in-laws. It's the only public course in their private community, so it's really convenient. It's a little short for me, but it's really well kept and is a decent layout.

I tried playing off today like I didn't care we missed the storm...when I put on the United game and saw pictures on Facebook from friends in NJ, I realized I can't fake it any longer...really wished we could have gotten even 2" here in NoVA/DC.

Oh well, at least we have all of winter ahead of us and this isn't a screw job in late February.

Mostly melted very light sleet mixed with occasional light banding of drizzle.

Visibility 7 miles. Road surface temperatures in the low 40's.

Do your homework; you know who you are.

Must be climate change. Fifty years ago,

the sleet would be less melty.

NAM nailed it. Divide NAM precipitation by three.

Historic VIRGA storm late this afternoon. Once of the best

VIRGA storms ever for north-central Maryland during the first

10 days of November.

Classifying this is as a screw job would be incorrect. We werent getting accumulating snow. Anyone that thought otherwise set themselves up for a letdown. It's November 7th. There will be more chances.

not really a screw job per se but considering it's pasting coastal low lands that don't have much better nov climo than us... meh

not really a screw job per se but considering it's pasting coastal low lands that don't have much better nov climo than us... meh

Nov 7 has nothing to do with it. This could of easily been a snowstorm for us with proper track/storm blowing up earlier

Archived