Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
November obs and banter

Ian

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LWX has some issues, between their treatment of Sandy and this. Need to get these fixed before a major winter event.

I don't want to start a total LWX slam fest, I know they are very skilled meteorologists there and do the best they can for a very difficult region to forecast for, but sometimes they are just a little slow at responding to fluid situations at the critical moments and that makes a HUGE difference in the perceived handling of a storm.

I don't want to start a total LWX slam fest, I know they are very skilled meteorologists there and do the best they can for a very difficult region to forecast for, but sometimes they are just a little slow at responding to fluid situations at the critical moments and that makes a HUGE difference in the perceived handling of a storm.

They're good but they always do this. I predicted it last night.

December 5th is exactly four weeks from today. I'd advise that people begin preparations for this years Dec. 5th blizzard - some may want to create a stockpile of sandcastle mold shaped ice blocks, some may want to buy crackers, and others may want to purchase multiple generators in case the first two fail. Preparing now helps to take away the no-snow pain, I've found

Yep, a Greek Goddess deserves better. I like seeing a warm pattern developing coming up. I'm not a fan of November snow, I want mine at or around Christmas.

And Athena is a badass. This storm is anything but.

And I'm with you on November warm patterns. But I want Thanksgiving warmth...at least in the Southeast.

After the Euro bust, how are us modelcasters supposed to know what to expect this winter from five days out?

IN the long range look at the ensembles as no model gets it right all the time. Lot of them have been saying this might not be a good storm. That's why we offer possible scenarios without trying to make deterministic forecasts at a time range when it is not really possible. I'm kind of glad the Euro failed as it is not as superior to the other models as some like to claim.

Archived