joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Late October/Early November disco and banter thread

CoastalWx

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually looked at the 18z GFS soundings and they showed a little paste bomb for ORH, lol.

There really isn't much cold air available, so I don't expect anyone to get much out of that system if it works out...but funny to see the GFS produce a little snowstorm over some parts of the interior for the first time this season inside of 7 days.

I actually looked at the 18z GFS soundings and they showed a little paste bomb for ORH, lol.

There really isn't much cold air available, so I don't expect anyone to get much out of that system if it works out...but funny to see the GFS produce a little snowstorm over some parts of the interior for the first time this season inside of 7 days.

Zero chance of that here but maybe you and Hubb get lucky.

Hey Will, even for NNH? We are going up north in a couple of weeks and woudl love to see some snow.

Hey Will, even for NNH? We are going up north in a couple of weeks and woudl love to see some snow.

Well they definitely aren't out of the game...but outside of elevations this looks like a pretty cold-starved storm....even for hills it might be tough. The mountains can always try and scrape something out of this. We'll need the precip to get up there first though.

Well they definitely aren't out of the game...but outside of elevations this looks like a pretty cold-starved storm....even for hills it might be tough. The mountains can always try and scrape something out of this. We'll need the precip to get up there first though.

Thanks, yeah it's still early so not to worry about this first threat, if it works out then it's a bonus IMHO

Yea. I totally agree with you PF. You aren't going to get sustained nights cold enough to make snow down to the base in almost any N/E resorts. No way anybody opens (really opens) before thanksgiving. The cavet being if we get a little dumpage that speeds the process up.

Thankfully Killington does not need snow to the bottom in order to open. No doubt they will be open by 11/10 if not sooner. Once again we are all thankful for the Heavenly reverse stairway.

Euro ensembles have a pretty strong warmup around Veterans Day but not one with staying power given the EPO/NAO setting up. We may have some great fun Thanksgiving and beyond.

00zECMWFENS500mbHeightAnomalyNH240.gif

The 11-15 day did try to move the ridge east, which is what we wanted to happen when we talked about it yesterday. So beyond the 11-15 day, it would mean good things IF the pattern came as advertised. I still think we'll have to wait closer to T-Day perhaps, but would be nice for something after mid month.

The 11-15 day did try to move the ridge east, which is what we wanted to happen when we talked about it yesterday. So beyond the 11-15 day, it would mean good things IF the pattern came as advertised. I still think we'll have to wait closer to T-Day perhaps, but would be nice for something after mid month.

As far as I'm concerned, Thanksgiving is a good start date. This matches the great winters of my youth.

lol dude you gotta simmer down or it's going to be a long winter of hyping week out threats.

I had to laugh in the midst of our obs thread on Sandy you were posting about snow in West Virginia, keep up the good fight, lol. I think you see snow next week. Anyone who ever goes against the Euro again for long term patterns needs to hand in their Met degree.

Archived