• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Late October/Early November disco and banter thread

CoastalWx

Man....gotta love Pete. Hugging the euro and tossing the GFS COMPLETELY...extreme much? 65F next Wednesday? laugh.png

If it snows...this could hurt. Why not throw up 45-50F and rain? If it snows...nbd. If it rains and is 65F..nbd.

680999151.jpg?key=19201080&Expires=1351803242&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=dWrPLxX88K1hawXj9JRKmEPRUGzeVWzShJ2aZOiZ0JaejXfsXe45Ggbb0nd-mV0YGeqxO6fSqTTkvg-WNc-q54pG758PodlVVP7ZjtqlnIxX19BZYMFJuFWnA2lNDVS6JhYmdecXmjHITs~8MD0-FHlTt1CjNPCKdDVJNEPq2c4_

edit: Just to clarify...no disrespect meant...but I just don't understand this forecast. It could be 65F and rain next Wednesday...but it just seems like the extreme warm end of the solution, and unlikely to play out like that.

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately for you the most likely solution is probably in between...meaning snow/rain in elevated SNE and NNE and cold rain in southern areas. wink.png

Either way I'd be surprised if I didn't see my first flakes up here from this (missed the flurries back in mid OCT)...whether its from accumulation, back end snow showers/flurries, or even a snow flurry Saturday morning up here (although I'l be home this weekend).

Yeah I'd be SHOCKED if we don't see first flakes this upcoming week, whether it be associated with something synoptic of just mountain SN-.

Euro ensembles bring the low somewhere over SE MA/Cape next week. A little too far west. I suppose there is the chance of something further east given the blocking, but it can't be too phase happy as well.

GFS ensembles were near 40/70. With their noted SE bias, something near SE New England seems reasonable this far out along with a decently favorable blocking pattern, at least for elevated NNE

I hope everyone gets feet and feet of snow this winter, but wind and coastal flooding would make a horrific situation in some areas even worse. Lots of communities totally naked right now with dune and man made protection wiped out. Having said that, mother nature will do whatever she wants.

lol he's the first candidate for a meltdown this year. He's very close

haha... I'm not close. I'd be surprised if anyone can find posts of me having a melt down on these boards ;)

It will snow up here this winter, I'm not worried. You just think I'm ready for a meltdown because I'm not fully on-board with this being an epic pattern to start the winter, lol.

With that said, a 2-inch rainstorm would not be the preferred weather during the middle of next week.

GUIDANCE STILL HAVE TIMING/EMPHASIS ISSUES BUT NOW BETTER AGREE

THAT DEEPER COASTAL LOW DEVELOPMENT IS MORE LIKELY TO OCCUR LATER

TUE INTO THU AS A FRONTAL WAVE OFF THE SOUTHEAST MOVES SLOWLY

OFFSHORE AND UP OFF THE EAST COAST. THIS WOULD BRING BEST

ORGANIZED RAINS FROM THE ERN MID-ATLANTIC TO ERN NEW ENGLAND. A

TRACK IN THIS VEIN OFFERS POTENTIAL FOR HEAVY SNOWS ACROSS

INTERIOR NEW ENGLAND WEDNESDAY/THURSDAY AS THE LOW WRAPS INLAND.

INCREASING WINDS ALONG COASTAL NEW ENGLAND AND COASTAL

MID-ATLANTIC STATES TUESDAY ONWARD MAY LEAD TO SOME COASTAL

FLOODING AND BEACH EROSION.

Right one time ...first 10 days of November

Swan dive off the 4k picnic table.

I'll be one of those high divers... jumping hundreds of feet and aiming for a kiddie pool wink.png

Only to get 18" of upslope after.

Speaking of upslope...Meso-scale models signaling decent upslope this weekend from Sandy remnants...Cpick has been all over this for like a week, haha.

NAM showing up to 0.67" QPF over the northern Green upslope region this weekend... should whiten the hills nicely and even bring snow showers to the mountain valleys at night.

Didn't they say they are taking the long term AFD and forecasts out of the local office hands and having HPC do long term? I'd be willing to bet this is the beginning of that and they just aren't saying it

I recall something said, but I have no idea. I think this is a comm issue from the bulletin I saw. Something eastern region related.

Speaking of upslope...Meso-scale models signaling decent upslope this weekend from Sandy remnants...Cpick has been all over this for like a week, haha.

NAM showing up to 0.67" QPF over the northern Green upslope region this weekend... should whiten the hills nicely and even bring snow showers to the mountain valleys at night.

I've been keeping an eye on this as well. I'll be at 4k on Sunday ... might be leaving bootprints in a light coating. Will def be chilly.

The Weather Channel reporter in Toms River, NJ just said, "These folks are scared of what could be a harsh winter storm coming up next week." WOW that's ridiculous to start getting folks worried about what is being modeled during the middle of next week. I mean the dude's on the New Jersey coast interviewing people, what are the chances of accumulating snow there next week? Ridiculous.

The Weather Channel reporter in Toms River, NJ just said, "These folks are scared of what could be a harsh winter storm coming up next week." WOW that's ridiculous to start getting folks worried about what is being modeled during the middle of next week. I mean the dude's on the New Jersey coast interviewing people, what are the chances of accumulating snow there next week? Ridiculous.

KFS has lots of street cred.

As someone said earlier, now everyone thinks that if a model has it 10 days out it must be right.

Archived